Can I refuse delivery if I want to return system?

Jim

I ordered a refurb but now have buyers remorse. Can I refuse the
delivery or must I accept it and arrange for a RMA?

Jim <stoicREMOVEjim@aequalis.com> wrote:

>I ordered a refurb but now have buyers remorse. Can I refuse the
>delivery or must I accept it and arrange for a RMA?

There's a 21-day, no questions asked return policy [US purchases,
dunno about the UK/elsewhere]. The nice thing to do would be to
call Dell, after checking what I say on the Dell web site, and
inform them that you have changed your mind and are going to
refuse delivery. They may back-charge you for the return
freight, since I think that is part of the no questions asked
return policy. But OTOH, that saves you from having to arrange
to ship it back yourself.

Just be sure you're there to refuse the delivery, lest a kind
neighbor accept it for you. ;->
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

Refuse it OR you will end up paying shipping back.
"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Jim <stoicREMOVEjim@aequalis.com> wrote:
>
> >I ordered a refurb but now have buyers remorse. Can I refuse the
> >delivery or must I accept it and arrange for a RMA?
>
> There's a 21-day, no questions asked return policy [US purchases,
> dunno about the UK/elsewhere]. The nice thing to do would be to
> call Dell, after checking what I say on the Dell web site, and
> inform them that you have changed your mind and are going to
> refuse delivery. They may back-charge you for the return
> freight, since I think that is part of the no questions asked
> return policy. But OTOH, that saves you from having to arrange
> to ship it back yourself.
>
> Just be sure you're there to refuse the delivery, lest a kind
> neighbor accept it for you. ;->
> --
> OJ III
> [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.
> Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]

Yes you can refuse it. This would be the best step as you will otherwise
have to pay the return shipping to ship it back.

"Kevin M" <kman@msn.net> wrote:

>"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote

>> Jim <stoicREMOVEjim@aequalis.com> wrote:

>> >I ordered a refurb but now have buyers remorse. Can I refuse the
>> >delivery or must I accept it and arrange for a RMA?

>> There's a 21-day, no questions asked return policy [US purchases,
>> dunno about the UK/elsewhere]. The nice thing to do would be to
>> call Dell, after checking what I say on the Dell web site, and
>> inform them that you have changed your mind and are going to
>> refuse delivery. They may back-charge you for the return
>> freight, since I think that is part of the no questions asked
>> return policy. But OTOH, that saves you from having to arrange
>> to ship it back yourself.
>>
>> Just be sure you're there to refuse the delivery, lest a kind
>> neighbor accept it for you. ;->

>Refuse it OR you will end up paying shipping back.

That's why I told him to check what they say on the Dell web site
about the 21-day no questions asked return policy. Except, I
just noticed the "I ordered a refurb", which means he has to
check the refurb seller's policy on returns, whether Dell or some
other refurb outlet. I suspect it may be different, even if
Dell, than the new machine policy. Less time, for one thing I
seem to recall being mentioned here in the case of the Dell
refurb outlet.
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

If you financed through Dell they ask you to refuse shipment if you do not
agree with their financing terms. Comes in pretty handy. Dell has this nasty
habit of shipping the systems BEFORE showing the customer the final finance
agreement with finance rates and so on.

Jim

I paid with a credit card.

In article <sUGuc.21403$IB.5278@attbi_s04>, dshirsh@comcast.net says...
> If you financed through Dell they ask you to refuse shipment if you do not
> agree with their financing terms. Comes in pretty handy. Dell has this nasty
> habit of shipping the systems BEFORE showing the customer the final finance
> agreement with finance rates and so on.

None of the parcel carriers allow neighbors to sign anymore. Whoever comes
to the residence door is fine, but they won't go to the neighbors. Stopped
doing this a few years ago for obvious reasons. They will usually try to
deliver at least 3 times and leave notes on your door each time if there is
no answer.

On Mon, 31 May 2004 00:02:49 -0400, Ogden Johnson III <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Jim <stoicREMOVEjim@aequalis.com> wrote:
>
>>I ordered a refurb but now have buyers remorse. Can I refuse the
>>delivery or must I accept it and arrange for a RMA?
>
>There's a 21-day, no questions asked return policy [US purchases,

What happened to the 30 day return policy? They changed it to 21?

DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:

>Ogden Johnson III <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>Jim <stoicREMOVEjim@aequalis.com> wrote:

>>>I ordered a refurb but now have buyers remorse. Can I refuse the
>>>delivery or must I accept it and arrange for a RMA?

>>There's a 21-day, no questions asked return policy [US purchases,

>What happened to the 30 day return policy? They changed it to 21?

Went bye-bye. Yep.

Noted at several places in the Dell web site, this is the one I
found quickest just now. Took about a minute to find it:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/policy/en/policy?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~section=010#total

"We value our relationship with you and want to make sure that
you're satisfied with your purchases. That's why we offer a
"Total Satisfaction" return policy for most products that you,
the end-user customer, purchase directly from Dell. Under this
policy, you may return to Dell products that you purchased
directly from Dell for a credit or a refund of the purchase price
paid, less shipping and handling and applicable return fees as
follows:

New Hardware Products and Accessories: Unless you have a
separate agreement with Dell, all hardware, accessories,
peripherals, parts and unopened software still in its sealed
package, excluding the products listed below, may be returned
within twenty-one (21) days from the date on the packing slip or
invoice. New PowerEdgeTM , PowerConnectTM and PowerVaultTM
products may be returned within thirty (30) days from the date on
the packing slip or invoice except that new PowerEdgeTM SC
servers and n series products purchased from the Small and Medium
Business Sales Division may only be returned within fourteen (14)
days from the date on the packing slip or invoice. To return
applications software or an operating system that has been
installed by Dell, you must return the entire computer. A
different return policy applies to nondefective products
purchased through Dell's Software and Peripherals division by
customers of our Small and Medium Business divisions. Those
products may be returned within twenty-one (21) days from the
date on the packing slip or invoice, but a fifteen percent (15%)
return fee will be deducted from any refund or credit. The "Total
Satisfaction" Return Policy and Software and Peripherals division
return policy are not available for Dell/EMC storage products,
EMC-branded products, Unisys-branded products, PowerVaultTM ,160T
tape libraries, enterprise software, non-Dell branded enterprise
products, software and/or software licenses purchased under any
type of volume purchase agreement or any non-Dell customized
hardware and/or software product(s).
Reconditioned or Refurbished Dell-Branded Hardware Products and
Parts: All reconditioned or refurbished PowerEdgeTM ,
PowerConnectTM and PowerVaultTM products may be returned within
thirty (30) days from the date on the packing slip or invoice.
All other reconditioned or refurbished Dell-branded hardware
products and parts may be returned within fourteen (14) days of

"realpatrol" <realpatrol@comcast.com> wrote in message
> None of the parcel carriers allow neighbors to sign anymore. Whoever comes
> to the residence door is fine, but they won't go to the neighbors. Stopped
> doing this a few years ago for obvious reasons. They will usually try to
> deliver at least 3 times and leave notes on your door each time if there
is
> no answer.

The exception being if you leave a not requesting they deliver to the
neighbors.

sToic

I called Dell and was told to accept delivery and then call for an RMA
and they will arrange to have it picked up at their cost.

Actually, I was given a 'DPS' number which for the life of me, can't
remember now what the acronym means, just that I use it when I call to
have the system returned.

I impulsively bought the refurb Inspiron 8600 without knowing for sure
what resolution WXGA really was. My 8200 has a 1600X1200 15.1in. screen
and I don't think a 15.4in. screen is usable at 1280X800.

Just after I decided to return the Dell, I went out and bought a Sony
PCG-TR3A (10.6in screen!). After hauling around a Inspiron 7000 and then
a 8200, I wanted something REALLY light and it is sweet.

In article <MPG.1b245c1ef455732c989680@news.comcast.giganews.com>,
stoicREMOVEjim@aequalis.com says...
> I ordered a refurb but now have buyers remorse. Can I refuse the
> delivery or must I accept it and arrange for a RMA?

--
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 00:16:26 -0400, Ogden Johnson III <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:
>
>>Ogden Johnson III <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>There's a 21-day, no questions asked return policy [US purchases,
>
>>What happened to the 30 day return policy? They changed it to 21?
>
>Went bye-bye. Yep.

Thanks. This is not good. It probably means you really have something like 16 days, taking
into account the time it takes for it to ship to you.