  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
September 12, 2005 6:18:28 PM

After performing a fresh reinstall of Windows XP HE and restoring my Outlook
files (*.pst, *.pab), I can read everything in them via Outlook 2003, but
when I press the Send/Receive button, I get the following message:

You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation...

I changed the permissions on those files (in safe mode) since the machine
name and user name was changed with this reinstall.

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Martin

More about : send receive outlook 2003

September 12, 2005 6:18:29 PM

Martin wrote:

> After performing a fresh reinstall of Windows XP HE and restoring my Outlook
> files (*.pst, *.pab), I can read everything in them via Outlook 2003, but
> when I press the Send/Receive button, I get the following message:
>
> You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation...
>
> I changed the permissions on those files (in safe mode) since the machine
> name and user name was changed with this reinstall.
>
> Your help is appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin

Best to post to an outlook newsgroup. Here is a list of all MS public
newsgroups: http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Outlook is a part of office I think, and you might do better in that
newsgroup.

"Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
news:o K8%23PM9tFHA.2964@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Martin wrote:
>
>> After performing a fresh reinstall of Windows XP HE and restoring my
>> Outlook
>> files (*.pst, *.pab), I can read everything in them via Outlook 2003, but
>> when I press the Send/Receive button, I get the following message:
>>
>> You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation...
>>
>> I changed the permissions on those files (in safe mode) since the machine
>> name and user name was changed with this reinstall.
>>
>> Your help is appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Martin
>>

> Best to post to an outlook newsgroup. Here is a list of all MS public
> newsgroups: http://aumha.org/nntp.htm
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Anonymous
September 13, 2005 8:50:37 AM

Martin Wrote:
> After performing a fresh reinstall of Windows XP HE and restoring my
> Outlook
> files (*.pst, *.pab), I can read everything in them via Outlook 2003,
> but
> when I press the Send/Receive button, I get the following message:
>
> You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation...
>
> I changed the permissions on those files (in safe mode) since the
> machine
> name and user name was changed with this reinstall.
>
> Your help is appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin

Try some of these: