Can't Send/Receive in Outlook 2003

After performing a fresh reinstall of Windows XP HE and restoring my Outlook
files (*.pst, *.pab), I can read everything in them via Outlook 2003, but
when I press the Send/Receive button, I get the following message:

You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation...

I changed the permissions on those files (in safe mode) since the machine
name and user name was changed with this reinstall.

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Martin
3 answers Last reply
More about send receive outlook 2003

    Martin wrote:

    > After performing a fresh reinstall of Windows XP HE and restoring my Outlook
    > files (*.pst, *.pab), I can read everything in them via Outlook 2003, but
    > when I press the Send/Receive button, I get the following message:
    >
    > You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation...
    >
    > I changed the permissions on those files (in safe mode) since the machine
    > name and user name was changed with this reinstall.
    >
    > Your help is appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Martin

    Best to post to an outlook newsgroup. Here is a list of all MS public
    newsgroups: http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Outlook is a part of office I think, and you might do better in that
    newsgroup.

    Martin Wrote:
    > After performing a fresh reinstall of Windows XP HE and restoring my
    > Outlook
    > files (*.pst, *.pab), I can read everything in them via Outlook 2003,
    > but
    > when I press the Send/Receive button, I get the following message:
    >
    > You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation...
    >
    > I changed the permissions on those files (in safe mode) since the
    > machine
    > name and user name was changed with this reinstall.
    >
    > Your help is appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Martin

    Try some of these: