Core Server error msg?!?!

Hello

I have been getting a msg from the system that says...

"Core Server has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
for the inconvenience"

Anyone ever see a msg like this?

What is a core server and what does the msg mean?

Thanks

"Don W" <donw@pacifier.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have been getting a msg from the system that says...
>
> "Core Server has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
> for the inconvenience"
>
> Anyone ever see a msg like this?
>
> What is a core server and what does the msg mean?
>
> Thanks

What system do you have and what OS? I can find no reference to this
software other than this: http://www.storageelements.com/core/core_index.php
and some Mac references.

Sure you have posted to the right group, and if so, what is your machine
being used for generally?

Stew

Thanks for the feedback Stew

I have Dell Dimension 8250 running on XP

I am not doing anything special with the system other than a few games
and the regular surfing.

> "Don W" <donw@pacifier.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > I have been getting a msg from the system that says...
> >
> > "Core Server has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
> > for the inconvenience"
> >
> > Anyone ever see a msg like this?
> >
> > What is a core server and what does the msg mean?
> >
> > Thanks
>

> What system do you have and what OS? I can find no reference to this
> software other than this: http://www.storageelements.com/core/core_index.php
> and some Mac references.
>
> Sure you have posted to the right group, and if so, what is your machine
> being used for generally?
>

> Stew

Don W <donw@pacifier.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the feedback Stew

>> "Don W" <donw@pacifier.com> wrote

>> > I have been getting a msg from the system that says...
>> >
>> > "Core Server has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
>> > for the inconvenience"
>> >
>> > Anyone ever see a msg like this?
>> >
>> > What is a core server and what does the msg mean?

>> What system do you have and what OS? I can find no reference to this
>> software other than this: http://www.storageelements.com/core/core_index.php
>> and some Mac references.
>>
>> Sure you have posted to the right group, and if so, what is your machine
>> being used for generally?

>I have Dell Dimension 8250 running on XP
>
>I am not doing anything special with the system other than a few games
>and the regular surfing.

A search in the Dell/Windows Help Center of my WinXPPro
installation turned up 15 entries in the Microsoft Knowledge Base
for "Core Server". Unfortunately, I could not make a copy of the
results. You can do the search yourself, though, through your
own help center. The only words that worked in the search were
"Core Server"; when any of the rest of "Core Server has
encountered a problem and needs to close" it bombed out.

Most seem to involve Windows Server 2003, WinServer 2000, Windows
2000, but there are enough other things mentioned that you should
take a look for yourself.

Similarly, a search on Microsoft's own site also bombed out on
the whole phrase.

However, an "all of the words entered" search on "core server",
produced 16 articles at http://tinyurl.com/4aw8a, and different
from the 15 produced in the previous search.

If you want the full string, it is:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&withinResults=&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Product=winxp&Queryc=Core+Server&Query=Core+Server&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on

Specifying "the exact phrase entered" also bombed out.

Specifying "any of the words entered" for core server produced
150 items [the max results permitted in the drop-down lists]

http://tinyurl.com/6olcy

If you want the full string, it is:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&withinResults=&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Product=winxp&Queryc=core+server&Query=core+server&KeywordType=ANY&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on

--
OJ III

OJ,

Nicely done. The XP installs I currently use (both on my homebuilt and
Dell) are non-Dell images, so I struck out on those searches. I also struck
out on the MSKB searching under WinXP. There was scant information also
from my google search.

Stew