New sttng problem

My once terrible reliable STTNG is being fussy-

Ok so I'm playing a game. I make a shot up the middle- I think I miss.

Suddenly both flippers are raised. I turn the game off, and get a "row
1 grounded" message, and also, a "check fuses 114 115" message. That is
now all I get when the game starts.

The fuses are indeed blown.

So is this a bad BR1, or did I indeed short a switch and also fry a CPU
chip?

I realize that the flippers sticking up are a result of f115 going
instantly (all of the optos died). Also, f114 and f115 die immediately
upon power up, even with the coin door open (so I know it isn't a bad
solenoid).

Yes, this is what late WMS games do best.....

That's probably a good place to start, but also
check the area you last "sent the ball to", for
a bent or broken switch diode. It may have somehow
shorted to a coil/flasher power source.

You can't verify CPU damage until you find and remove
the short. Unplug the switch matrix from the CPU before
going any farther with your 'testing' to be safe.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8