IPB ANNOUNCEMENT: New Products to PRE-ORDER!

We will let you decide if these should be re-run or not!
They will be screen printed on the same exact material the originals
were and will look exact

Click on the Pre-Order NEW Products button to pre-order

NO MONEY IS REQUIRED UP FRONT. JUST YOUR COMMITMENT TO PURCHASE WHAT
YOU SIGN UP FOR!

There will also be a considerable price break for all who pre-order and
make the project a go!

http://www.illinoispinball.com/index2.html

Thanks
Jeff McAfee
IPB

that's going to depends on what the price is - I'm not committing to
buying a $100 decal set for pinbot for instance, but for $29.95? Sure.

BLACKTIGER

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005

When you say they are going to be printed on the same material as the
origionals are you sure about that? The decals you sold for Black
Knight Drop targets I thought were susposed to be run on the same
material as origional but they were not even close. The ones Alan Meyer
sold were dead on exact from what was origional (thick and sturdy, not
thin and flimsy) I have put some "bashing" comments up before based on
the products I received from Classic Arcades and the Service I felt I
received but If you are going to represent IPB, I will give it another
shot. I would just like to fully understand what is being offered.
Also, like below, if its $100, thats a bit steep, but at $30 or so, why
not.

Ballpark prices????

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
========================

Illinois Pinball Company wrote:

> NO MONEY IS REQUIRED UP FRONT. JUST YOUR COMMITMENT TO PURCHASE WHAT
> YOU SIGN UP FOR!

Well since I'm at work right at this moment and my IE is always running
in debug mode, I figured i would help you out with this error Jeff.

This error occurs on the Preorder Page

Error on line 14
Object Expected
onmouseover="FP_swapImg(1,0,/*id*/'img3',/*url*/'images/buttonB.jpg')"

You are quite Welcome.
Don't Mention it.

Mike S.
http://www.muddeatr.com

I cannot disclose a price. I guarantee that the price will be rock
bottom

Jeff
IPB

Nomad

I'm really starting to lose it trying to understand all these "Pinball
Business Practices." Commit to buy, we won't tell you the price, but it
will be low. BTW, your rock bottom price may not be as low as mine,
should I just take a leap of faith here?

nomad

>should I just take a leap of faith here?

Wow, lots of things FINALLY coming to light before october. Too bad
this didn't happen 3-4 years ago.

Kirb

nomad wrote:
> I'm really starting to lose it trying to understand all these "Pinball
> Business Practices." Commit to buy, we won't tell you the price, but it
> will be low. BTW, your rock bottom price may not be as low as mine,
> should I just take a leap of faith here?
>
> nomad

Would you generally buy from someone who sells with a "What do I have
to do to get you into these decals today?" attitude. Not my phrase by
the way someone else said this a couple days ago and I really liked it!

BTW, I see Jeff has a sense of humor too, or whoever is running the
webpage page design piece, as the pre-order page has an image of a
counter spinning out of control. Oddly enough the other two links on
the site now have ACTUAL properly working counters.

Al

Jeff's Pinbot decals are top-notch. I can personally vouch for it as
I've used them myself on my own machine.

That said, though, the whole IPB thing just seems unprofessional.
Please take that silly counter off the site...it's just plain
annoying!! And asking for commitments without a price? That's pretty
unprofessional as well. Business is about risk. Take a risk and ask a
price. THEN people will sign up.

Jeff, we all know your stuff is top-notch and very reasonably priced.
Your stuff is tops in my book. I think the concern is with the new IPB
factor added. How much more will they be? What's the problem with
shooting out a high-side estimate? Personally, if I need a proprietary
decal, $8 vs $12 makes no difference. On the flip side, however, not
knowing ANY price makes folks very hesitant to do business. This is
the same case on Ebay for auctions that say "shipping will be
determined at the end of the auction".....the unknown is a business
killer. Even a high price estimate would reap more benefits.

My 2 cents.

Done

Took the counter off. Also, No longer a commitment but an indication of
interest. If people show that there is an interest in having these
made, then we will do it without any upfront commitment.

Thanks for the feedback

Jeff McAfee
IPB Staff

You da man, Jeff. Thanks for listening to us! Look forward to even
more sweet products.

Ben

One last thing,

By filling out the information out in the form.. Name, email, etc. We
will contact you when the decals are available through your favorite
distributor and which distributors are carrying them.

Jeff McAfee
IPB Staff

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

> NO MONEY IS REQUIRED UP FRONT. JUST YOUR COMMITMENT TO PURCHASE WHAT
> YOU SIGN UP FOR!

Who in the hell is gonna commit to buying anything without knowing the
price?? If this is IPB's new product policy, good luck with it.

can we look forward to getting something else new made BESIDES
stickers?

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

Bummer. Then I cannot disclose a commitment.....

Really wanted a Pinbot set, too.

--
Fred
TX

"Illinois Pinball Company" <staff@illinoispinball.com> wrote in message news:1123694378.681067.78920@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I cannot disclose a price. I guarantee that the price will be rock
> bottom
>
> Jeff
> IPB

Will the Pinbot decals be from the original Williams art or the one you
made? I like the one you made for the helmet with one exception. If you
look at my resto pics of it you will see it's cut too short on the right
hand side by a quarter inch. Other than that you nailed it but I would
think if you're selling the entire set that one needs looking into. And
if you can give us an estimated price I'm in for the rest of the set.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

In article <1123694378.681067.78920@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Illinois Pinball Company" <staff@illinoispinball.com> wrote:
>I cannot disclose a price. I guarantee that the price will be rock
>bottom

I can't disclose how many I'm going to order, but it will be substantial.

I guess they need to rename this group to rec.games.flamed. Jeff seems
to be trying to make products available, yet anyone with any "industry"
connections seems to get flamed. I applaud anyone that is trying to
make hard to fine parts available. I think it's time I found a new
hobby. Exit stage left.

jeb

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 10 Aug 2005 12:11:47 -0700, "Koz Pinlicious"
<pinlicious@gmail.com> wrote:

>can we look forward to getting something else new made BESIDES
>stickers?

No kidding. It's great that this stuff is being made available and
that Jeff is staying on top of things but I'd really like to see some
game specific hardware released.

Yes, plastic sets in particular. I've been waiting for a new replacement set
for my ST:TNG for quite a while now ...

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article <1123701106.981608.130120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "Koz
Pinlicious" <pinlicious@gmail.com> wrote:
>can we look forward to getting something else new made BESIDES
>stickers?
>
>Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

and Pinbot... and Dr Dude... and and and :(

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com

This is too funny. I am having quite a good time reading all of this.
Much better than what is on TV these days....

David...

On 10 Aug 2005 12:02:23 -0700, "chuck" <chuck@digitalsystemsgroup.com>
wrote:

>> NO MONEY IS REQUIRED UP FRONT. JUST YOUR COMMITMENT TO PURCHASE WHAT
>> YOU SIGN UP FOR!
>
>Who in the hell is gonna commit to buying anything without knowing the
>price?? If this is IPB's new product policy, good luck with it.

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

I find it is particularily good with beer and popcorn.

Otto

CARGPB11

"Eisner" <davideis@telus.net> wrote in message
> This is too funny. I am having quite a good time reading all of this.
> Much better than what is on TV these days....

why, every one has posted valid questions.... tell you what, what part
do you need, I'll get it to you, just send me the money up front. Most
of this thread is positive about the changes in the way IPD is doing
business.