TAF EOS switch stuck closed???

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

I keep getting an error code at start up on my TAF that tells me the
bottom right and left along with the upper right flipper EOS are stuck
closed. The flippers work fine. The EOS switches are in the closed
position untill you activate the flipper wich will open the switch.
What gives with the error code???

I believe the Fliptronic I board will compensate for the EOS switches
not working properly by turning off the power to the coil after a
certain time. The game plays fine because of its compensation but your
EOS switches need to be checked. I had a similar error with my TAF
where both upper Right and upper Left EOS would show error on startup
but the game worked fine. I researched on this site and found the
issue was on the FLip I board. Good luck
Lewis

Hence the "stuck closed" error!

Open 'em up! :)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=====================================
Max wrote:

The EOS switches are in the closed
> position untill you activate the flipper wich will open the switch.
> What gives with the error code???

martin

Sounds like the switches are mounted backwards. The long leaf needs to
be on the coil side of the bracket, and the switch gap needs to be
opened up

When built your game had a sticker under the playfield alerting you that the
EOS points are normally open. Your game is fliptronics one and the first
with EOS points open and when the flipper is activated the pawl closes them.
LTG :)