Control Panel apps close after 10 seconds

Programs such as Add/Remove Programs, Mouse, System, User Accounts, etc.
will not stay open long enough for me to do anything, they close
automatically after 10 seconds. Any help resolving this would be greatly
appreciated!

amersilly@hotmail.com

In news:E4759A14-84EF-4D42-BC5A-1BC6B3258FAB@microsoft.com,
Amersilly <Amersilly@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Programs such as Add/Remove Programs, Mouse, System, User
> Accounts,
> etc. will not stay open long enough for me to do anything, they
> close
> automatically after 10 seconds. Any help resolving this would
> be
> greatly appreciated!

Virus? Spyware?

What protection do you use, and do you keep everything current?

Please reply to the newsgroup

Running Symantec Antivirus Corporate Ed., current virus defs, also running
Ad-Aware and Microsoft Anti-Spyware. Ran scans with all three, all clean.
XP SP2, current updates, MS Office 2003.

Amersilly Wrote:
> Programs such as Add/Remove Programs, Mouse, System, User Accounts,
> etc.
> will not stay open long enough for me to do anything, they close
> automatically after 10 seconds. Any help resolving this would be
> greatly
> appreciated!
>
> amersilly@hotmail.com

Use these tools to check if you have spyware:

http://www.download.com/Bazooka-Adw...3.html?sb=1&v=0
http://www.webroot.com/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

--