SEARCH

Hello. I am having a strange problem on Windows XP. When I try to search for
a file in any way (by *, by full name etc) I get an Message Box with the
title "Search Companion" and the message "Unexpected Error. Action could not
be completed"
Whats wrong?

Telemachos
1 answer Last reply
More about search

    Reinstall the Search Companion Files:

    1. Log on to the computer by using an account with administrator permissions.
    2. Click Start, click Run, type: %systemroot%\inf , and then click OK.
    3. Locate the "Srchasst.inf" file.
    4. Right-click the "Srchasst.inf" file, and then click Install. This reinstalls the files
    that Search Companion uses.

    NOTE: You may need your Windows XP CD-ROM to finish installing Search Companion.

    Windows XP Search Problems
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_search_probs.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Telemachos Koumartzakis" wrote:

    | Hello. I am having a strange problem on Windows XP. When I try to search for
    | a file in any way (by *, by full name etc) I get an Message Box with the
    | title "Search Companion" and the message "Unexpected Error. Action could not
    | be completed"
    | Whats wrong?
    |
    | Telemachos

Microsoft Windows XP