Hello. I am having a strange problem on Windows XP. When I try to search for
a file in any way (by *, by full name etc) I get an Message Box with the
title "Search Companion" and the message "Unexpected Error. Action could not
be completed"
Whats wrong?

Telemachos

Reinstall the Search Companion Files:

1. Log on to the computer by using an account with administrator permissions.
2. Click Start, click Run, type: %systemroot%\inf , and then click OK.
3. Locate the "Srchasst.inf" file.
4. Right-click the "Srchasst.inf" file, and then click Install. This reinstalls the files
that Search Companion uses.

NOTE: You may need your Windows XP CD-ROM to finish installing Search Companion.

Windows XP Search Problems
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_search_probs.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--