DNS Client service stopped

Hi,

DNS service doesn’t automatically start when launching Windows (XP Pro
SP1).. If I try do it manually, I get the following message:

Could not start the DNS Client Service on Local Computer
Error 5: Access is denied

Thanks for your help.

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:01:05 -0700, Eva
<Eva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>DNS service doesn’t automatically start when launching Windows (XP Pro
>SP1).. If I try do it manually, I get the following message:
>
>Could not start the DNS Client Service on Local Computer
>Error 5: Access is denied
>
>Thanks for your help.

Is this a stand alone computer.

If so you don't need that service running anyway.