Transferring files from Win 98 box to XP box with USB key?

What would I need to do to get a computer running Windows 98 to
recognize my USB key? Is there a universal driver that can be downloaded
and installed?

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about transferring files

    Many USB keys are only supported with Windows 98SE version.

    General USB Troubleshooting in Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows Me
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q263218/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "rfgsdfg" wrote:

    | What would I need to do to get a computer running Windows 98 to
    | recognize my USB key? Is there a universal driver that can be downloaded
    | and installed?
    |
    | Thanks.

    No universel USB key for Windows 98. However, you may be able to find a
    Windows 98 driver for the USB key that you buy. Check on the USB key
    manufacturer's web site for more info.

    "rfgsdfg" <dfsasdf@sadfasd.com> wrote in message
    > What would I need to do to get a computer running Windows 98 to recognize
    > my USB key? Is there a universal driver that can be downloaded and
    > installed?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You dunno what make your usb flash drive is
    Might try Sandisk 98se driver, works with an old 98 desktop here and a
    sandisk 1gb cruiser.

    "rfgsdfg" <dfsasdf@sadfasd.com> wrote in message
    > What would I need to do to get a computer running Windows 98 to recognize
    > my USB key? Is there a universal driver that can be downloaded and
    > installed?
    >
    > Thanks.

Windows 98 Windows XP Microsoft USB