Hi

i have 3 partitions on my sata 200 gig hd with WIN2K pro in the 1st
partition - when i installed XP pro in partition 2 i could only boot XP.
after trying win2000 erd and xp erd i reinstalled win2000. then i could only
boot win2000. after trying the above again and bootcfg i still cannot multi
boot. i tried different boot.ini's in both patrtitions and ended up
re-installing again just to be able to boot.

can someone tell me how to get multi boot to function?

TIA

rob

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

promicro wrote:

> Hi
>
> i have 3 partitions on my sata 200 gig hd with WIN2K pro in the 1st
> partition - when i installed XP pro in partition 2 i could only boot XP.
> after trying win2000 erd and xp erd i reinstalled win2000. then i could only
> boot win2000. after trying the above again and bootcfg i still cannot multi
> boot. i tried different boot.ini's in both patrtitions and ended up
> re-installing again just to be able to boot.
>
> can someone tell me how to get multi boot to function?
>
> TIA
>
> rob

How to create a multiple-boot system in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306559

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:45:42 -0400, "promicro"
<promicro@cshore.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>i have 3 partitions on my sata 200 gig hd with WIN2K pro in the 1st
>partition - when i installed XP pro in partition 2 i could only boot XP.
>after trying win2000 erd and xp erd i reinstalled win2000. then i could only
>boot win2000. after trying the above again and bootcfg i still cannot multi
>boot. i tried different boot.ini's in both patrtitions and ended up
>re-installing again just to be able to boot.
>
>can someone tell me how to get multi boot to function?
>
>TIA
>
>rob

I boot either of 2 XP's using PQboot, part of PM7, since MS
boot manager cant do it. Its easy with no setup but u still
gotta change boot.ini's. U may have similar problem since
2000 & XP r cousins. Not sure.

HTH-Larry

Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP so it
may only apply NUGS (Normally, Usually, Generally, Sometimes :)