Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

BIG TIME CABINETS - Early Bally cabs available

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:13:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

As many may already know, bringing the reproduction early Bally cabinets to
the collector market has been one of our highest priorities. We have
recently completed the final stages of fit and finish on our sample cabinets
and they are now ready for release.



Our goals during development of the early Bally cabinets were not only an
exact quality reproduction, but also providing the cabinets at an attractive
price point. We are pleased to announce that we have achieved both goals



We have painstakingly duplicated the cabinets in every detail.
Additionally, we have included a number of enhancements to bring the
cabinets closer to original specifications and to simplify the swap process.



Some of the features that you expect from a BTC cabinet that are included
are:



a.. Full cabinet painting and stenciling
b.. NEW brushed stainless steel rails
c.. Plastic glass moldings
d.. Full ground braid
e.. Leg brackets


The following enhancements will simplify the swap over process and maintain
the original look of the cabinets:



a.. EMI foil installed in head
b.. Harness loop mounting locations drilled
c.. Swap over hardware (flipper switches, flipper button shells, prop rod,
rod bracket and chrome glass support) mounting locations drilled
d.. Cabinet and head serial numbers stamped in the cabinet via ½" metal
dies (customer supplies serial number if requested)


We are offering these cabinets at $650.00 plus shipping. Shipping costs
remain at $125.00 per cabinet.



The first early Bally cabinet that we will make available is KISS. In order
to provide the pricing listed above, we must run a minimum batch of 50
cabinets. We will take pre-orders immediately and once we reach 50 units,
we will start the production run. The window of opportunity to own a new
KISS cabinet will close after this production run, at which time we will
move on to a new title. A nominal $100.00 pre-order fee will hold your
cabinet, and can be paid by credit card or paypal
(sales@bigtimecabinets.com). If we do not get the necessary 50 orders, the
pre-order fees will be immediately refunded and the project shelved.



All future cabinet runs will be handled in much the same fashion. Using
this method, we will be able to guarantee the best possible product at the
best price. For inquiries, scheduling, and any other issues please contact
us by email or phone and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Thanks for your interest, we look forward to serving your cabinet needs.



The BTC team

More about : big time cabinets early bally cabs

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:13:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

questions...

1.) is $650 the price for a painted kiss cabinet?

2.) if so, will you guys have a sample one posted on your website so
potential customers can see the goods?

3.) can people order them and pick them up at expo?

4.) WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF ME PICKING UP A BRAND NEW PAINTED
---CENTAUR--- CABINET AT EXPO? :-)

thanks!

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:13:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

All right Chris!

I'll be watching for Centaur. Cabinet, someone else promising
playfields, and lately the backglass. Things are looking up.

Mario
Pinthetic
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:13:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Great News Chris!

Kiss is not one on my list, but I look forward to future titles.

X


Chris Munson wrote:
> As many may already know, bringing the reproduction early Bally cabinets to
> the collector market has been one of our highest priorities. We have
> recently completed the final stages of fit and finish on our sample cabinets
> and they are now ready for release.
>
>
>
> Our goals during development of the early Bally cabinets were not only an
> exact quality reproduction, but also providing the cabinets at an attractive
> price point. We are pleased to announce that we have achieved both goals
>
>
>
> We have painstakingly duplicated the cabinets in every detail.
> Additionally, we have included a number of enhancements to bring the
> cabinets closer to original specifications and to simplify the swap process.
>
>
>
> Some of the features that you expect from a BTC cabinet that are included
> are:
>
>
>
> a.. Full cabinet painting and stenciling
> b.. NEW brushed stainless steel rails
> c.. Plastic glass moldings
> d.. Full ground braid
> e.. Leg brackets
>
>
> The following enhancements will simplify the swap over process and maintain
> the original look of the cabinets:
>
>
>
> a.. EMI foil installed in head
> b.. Harness loop mounting locations drilled
> c.. Swap over hardware (flipper switches, flipper button shells, prop rod,
> rod bracket and chrome glass support) mounting locations drilled
> d.. Cabinet and head serial numbers stamped in the cabinet via ½" metal
> dies (customer supplies serial number if requested)
>
>
> We are offering these cabinets at $650.00 plus shipping. Shipping costs
> remain at $125.00 per cabinet.
>
>
>
> The first early Bally cabinet that we will make available is KISS. In order
> to provide the pricing listed above, we must run a minimum batch of 50
> cabinets. We will take pre-orders immediately and once we reach 50 units,
> we will start the production run. The window of opportunity to own a new
> KISS cabinet will close after this production run, at which time we will
> move on to a new title. A nominal $100.00 pre-order fee will hold your
> cabinet, and can be paid by credit card or paypal
> (sales@bigtimecabinets.com). If we do not get the necessary 50 orders, the
> pre-order fees will be immediately refunded and the project shelved.
>
>
>
> All future cabinet runs will be handled in much the same fashion. Using
> this method, we will be able to guarantee the best possible product at the
> best price. For inquiries, scheduling, and any other issues please contact
> us by email or phone and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
> Thanks for your interest, we look forward to serving your cabinet needs.
>
>
>
> The BTC team
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:13:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

When is Fathom up on your agenda?...can't imagine their'd be a hard
time selling at least 50 of those.
Dan
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:13:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

>we will make available is KISS.

Careful, I hope that you have the licensing rights to do this.

I don't care, but I'd really hate to see you guys get shafted after
production had started.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:13:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Im smiling on this one!
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:30:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

"Koz Pinlicious" <pinlicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1123701787.707491.173970@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> questions...
>
> 1.) is $650 the price for a painted kiss cabinet?

ANSWER: The details are in the message. This is a fully painted cab for
$650.
>
> 2.) if so, will you guys have a sample one posted on your website so
> potential customers can see the goods?

ANSWER: Most folks have see our work, so you should expect the same quality.
The website is being worked on.
>
> 3.) can people order them and pick them up at expo?

ANSWER: I will post another message oncerning this.
>
> 4.) WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF ME PICKING UP A BRAND NEW PAINTED
> ---CENTAUR--- CABINET AT EXPO? :-)

ANSWER: Depends on a number of factors. We need to sell THIS title first.
>
> thanks!
>
> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
>
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:36:13 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Very cool, Chris! Congrats! Not a bad price, either. Looking forward
to the Creature cab this month.

Ben
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:40:53 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

PS, I know you've got a million different requests, but here's hoping
the WMS Pinbot & High Speed-series cab is made, too :-)

Ben
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 6:04:13 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

"Chris Munson" <chrismunson@bigtimecabinets.com> wrote in
news:11fkken9dcgeh25@corp.supernews.com:

> As many may already know, bringing the reproduction early Bally
> cabinets to the collector market has been one of our highest
> priorities. We have recently completed the final stages of fit and
> finish on our sample cabinets and they are now ready for release.
>
>
>
> Our goals during development of the early Bally cabinets were not only
> an exact quality reproduction, but also providing the cabinets at an
> attractive price point. We are pleased to announce that we have
> achieved both goals
>
>
>
> We have painstakingly duplicated the cabinets in every detail.
> Additionally, we have included a number of enhancements to bring the
> cabinets closer to original specifications and to simplify the swap
> process.
>
>
>
> Some of the features that you expect from a BTC cabinet that are
> included are:
>
>
>
> a.. Full cabinet painting and stenciling
> b.. NEW brushed stainless steel rails
> c.. Plastic glass moldings
> d.. Full ground braid
> e.. Leg brackets
>
>
> The following enhancements will simplify the swap over process and
> maintain the original look of the cabinets:
>
>
>
> a.. EMI foil installed in head
> b.. Harness loop mounting locations drilled
> c.. Swap over hardware (flipper switches, flipper button shells,
> prop rod,
> rod bracket and chrome glass support) mounting locations drilled
> d.. Cabinet and head serial numbers stamped in the cabinet via ½"
> metal
> dies (customer supplies serial number if requested)
>
>
> We are offering these cabinets at $650.00 plus shipping. Shipping
> costs remain at $125.00 per cabinet.
>
>
>
> The first early Bally cabinet that we will make available is KISS. In
> order to provide the pricing listed above, we must run a minimum batch
> of 50 cabinets. We will take pre-orders immediately and once we reach
> 50 units, we will start the production run. The window of opportunity
> to own a new KISS cabinet will close after this production run, at
> which time we will move on to a new title. A nominal $100.00 pre-order
> fee will hold your cabinet, and can be paid by credit card or paypal
> (sales@bigtimecabinets.com). If we do not get the necessary 50
> orders, the pre-order fees will be immediately refunded and the
> project shelved.
>
>
>
> All future cabinet runs will be handled in much the same fashion.
> Using this method, we will be able to guarantee the best possible
> product at the best price. For inquiries, scheduling, and any other
> issues please contact us by email or phone and we will be happy to
> answer any questions you have. Thanks for your interest, we look
> forward to serving your cabinet needs.
>
>
>
> The BTC team
>
>
>
>

Hope to see 8-Ball or Strikes and Spares....
August 11, 2005 11:19:36 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Chris - Tear it up man! There are a LOT of people in the world wishing
you the best!

'OldSchool'
C. Philip Gevas
Saline, MI.

ps- Oh yeah, like 10 years down the line, when you've remade almost
everything, I could deal with a new Future Spa cab. Ya ya, I
know...Yuch!
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 4:21:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Thanks much Phil. I am glad to be part of the "big picture"!

Chris

"OldSchool" <pballwiz1966@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1123769976.890939.175480@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Chris - Tear it up man! There are a LOT of people in the world wishing
> you the best!
>
> 'OldSchool'
> C. Philip Gevas
> Saline, MI.
>
> ps- Oh yeah, like 10 years down the line, when you've remade almost
> everything, I could deal with a new Future Spa cab. Ya ya, I
> know...Yuch!
>
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 10:16:17 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Here is a idea I want to share with you...

You are looking for "50" customers to buy KISS and FATHOM Cabs... ($625
Complete)... Your minimum production requirments must be met to
start....

IDEA: Post the Cabinet Dimensions of the proposed production Cab, and a
"PRIMED FOR YOU PIN" Option that is the same Cab but with a Primed
Finish at a lower price point(Perhaps $475).

This complishes two things:

1st: Customers, like myself, can get out our tape measures and go and
measure our PINs and find potential matches for our Cabs that match the
proposed Cab you want to produce.

2nd: You have a larger market segment of potential customers to fill
you minimum production requirments.

Example: I have a Silverball Mania (Bally 1979-80) with a Junk Cab
(Container PIN from EMEA). Stencils are available for it. You post a
request for customers for a Kiss Cab (Dims aa x bb x cc, head dd x ee x
ff) I go an measure my Cab and it is a match. I replay and say I want
a "Primed for your PIN" of the Kiss Cab. You get valuable feadback for
other potential customers because now you know the Kiss and Silverball
have the same cab dims (THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, I DO NOT KNOW IF THEY
MATCH)...

This process is repeated with other potential customers... you build a
knowledge base of Bally cabs with matching dimensions... and now when
you post a request for customes you can also post a much larger set of
PINS that the cab can be used for... This continues each time you post
until you have complete list of matching PIN cabs.

You can now reach a much larger customer base with your products....

Example 2: I have a Paragon with a Junk Cab. Stencils are available for
it. Paragon, Embryon, Future Spa, and Space Invaders are all Bally
"Widebody" Cabs. But unless you get one of each you will never know if
there dimensions are the same... Post a request for interest for a
"PRIMED FOR YOU PIN" Bally widebody Cab with Dimensions of one of the
four PINS. We will do the homework for you by measuring our own PINS
and responding back with Matches... You are now working with a market
segment of potentially 4 PINS instead of one and more likey to meet you
business requiements.

So....
What are the Dims of the KISS and FATHOM Cabs you are looking to
produce?
Can you produce a "PRIMED FOR YOUR PIN" version at a lower price point?

Steve
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 11:50:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I am asking you to post the dimensions of the cabinets that you want to

produce. I am not looking for a generic cabinet... sorry for any
confusion. Only thing is, a good cabinet is hard to find... When your
are looking to produce a Cabinet (like Kiss), and post the dimensions,
we your potential customers can get decide if it is close enough for
our needs.


If so, you will get your production requirments met from a larger
potential customer base, and we get a new source for cabinets... I
would much rather spend the time "customizing" a new cabinet to meet my

PIN's requirments than rehabing an old cabinet.


Dimensions:
Head: Height, Width, Depth, Mount hole spacing...
Body: Front Height, Rear Height, Width, Length, and Head Mount Hole
Spacing


These dimensions are all I (we) need to determine a potential match...
Beyond that, we can make any necessary modifications that are game
specific.


Again, Posting the dims for your new cabs would be a big plus!!!


Steve
!