Windows Task Manager

My Windows task manager is no longer available when I press ctrl-alt-del, the
only program I've installed recently is Adobe CS2. Please help.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
5 answers Last reply
More about windows task manager

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:31:14 -0700, "snafusir"
    <snafusir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >My Windows task manager is no longer available when I press ctrl-alt-del, the
    >only program I've installed recently is Adobe CS2. Please help.
    >
    >OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    >Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
    Try ctl+sht+esc

    HTH-Larry

    Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
    the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP so it
    may only apply NUGS (Normally, Usually, Generally, Sometimes :)

    Thanks Larry! I tried but it says the function has been disabled by the
    administrator. I am the sole administrator of this personal machine. Would it
    have anything to do with MS .NET framework 1.1 that I've installed a few days
    back, now that I recall.

    snafusir wrote:

    > Thanks Larry! I tried but it says the function has been disabled by
    > the administrator. I am the sole administrator of this personal
    > machine. Would it have anything to do with MS .NET framework 1.1 that
    > I've installed a few days back, now that I recall.
    >
    > "Larry(LJL269)" wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:31:14 -0700, "snafusir"
    >> <snafusir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >My Windows task manager is no longer available when I press
    >> >ctrl-alt-del, the only program I've installed recently is Adobe CS2.
    >> >Please help.
    >> >
    >> >OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    >> >Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
    >> Try ctl+sht+esc

    See if anything here helps you, particularly the first link:

    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm - Task Manager has been
    disabled by your administrator fix

    Enable the Task Manager (Line 51)

    Lift Restrictions - Task Manager, Regedit and CMD (Line 275)

    Troubleshooting the Task Manager
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#tm

    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ToolsQuit.htm - Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or
    REGEDIT disappears while opening

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    snafusir Wrote:
    > My Windows task manager is no longer available when I press
    > ctrl-alt-del, the
    > only program I've installed recently is Adobe CS2. Please help.
    >
    > OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    > Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600

    Most likely it could be the sasser worm since you did not update.

    http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_125007.htm

    --
    Evolution54

    Hi

    Run gpedit.msc from RUN button. Then go to User configuration\administrative
    templates\system\ctrl+alt+del option. Check if remove task manager is enabled.
    Regards

    "snafusir" wrote:

    > My Windows task manager is no longer available when I press ctrl-alt-del, the
    > only program I've installed recently is Adobe CS2. Please help.
    >
    > OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    > Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600

Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP