  • Microsoft
  • Task Manager
  • Windows XP
September 12, 2005 3:31:14 PM

My Windows task manager is no longer available when I press ctrl-alt-del, the
only program I've installed recently is Adobe CS2. Please help.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600

More about : windows task manager

Anonymous
September 12, 2005 10:47:04 PM

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:31:14 -0700, "snafusir"
<snafusir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My Windows task manager is no longer available when I press ctrl-alt-del, the
>only program I've installed recently is Adobe CS2. Please help.
>
>OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
>Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
Try ctl+sht+esc

HTH-Larry

Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP so it
may only apply NUGS (Normally, Usually, Generally, Sometimes :)
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 10:47:05 PM

Thanks Larry! I tried but it says the function has been disabled by the
administrator. I am the sole administrator of this personal machine. Would it
have anything to do with MS .NET framework 1.1 that I've installed a few days
back, now that I recall.

"Larry(LJL269)" wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:31:14 -0700, "snafusir"
> <snafusir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >My Windows task manager is no longer available when I press ctrl-alt-del, the
> >only program I've installed recently is Adobe CS2. Please help.
> >
> >OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
> >Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
> Try ctl+sht+esc
>
> HTH-Larry
>
> Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
> the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP so it
> may only apply NUGS (Normally, Usually, Generally, Sometimes :)

Related resources
September 12, 2005 10:47:06 PM

snafusir wrote:

> Thanks Larry! I tried but it says the function has been disabled by
> the administrator. I am the sole administrator of this personal
> machine. Would it have anything to do with MS .NET framework 1.1 that
> I've installed a few days back, now that I recall.
>
> "Larry(LJL269)" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:31:14 -0700, "snafusir"
>> <snafusir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >My Windows task manager is no longer available when I press
>> >ctrl-alt-del, the only program I've installed recently is Adobe CS2.
>> >Please help.
>> >
>> >OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
>> >Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
>> Try ctl+sht+esc

See if anything here helps you, particularly the first link:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm - Task Manager has been
disabled by your administrator fix

Enable the Task Manager (Line 51)

Lift Restrictions - Task Manager, Regedit and CMD (Line 275)

Troubleshooting the Task Manager
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm#tm

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ToolsQuit.htm - Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or
REGEDIT disappears while opening

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

snafusir Wrote:
> My Windows task manager is no longer available when I press
> ctrl-alt-del, the
> only program I've installed recently is Adobe CS2. Please help.
>
> OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
> Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600

Most likely it could be the sasser worm since you did not update.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_125007.htm

--
Evolution54
Anonymous

Hi

Run gpedit.msc from RUN button. Then go to User configuration\administrative
templates\system\ctrl+alt+del option. Check if remove task manager is enabled.
Regards

!