Status
Not open for further replies.

GhosT94

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
hi i just got deal on a X-Fi SB0460
could some1 tell is it worth it and how does it compare to modern sound cards in the x fi xtremegamer range

Solution

I think that is the XtremeMusic model. In other words, that is a full X-Fi based on the best DSP, DAC that X-Fi had to offer. It is very similar to the xtremegamer models (depending on which one you compare it to). Other than names, creative made a few cards with tiny functional differences all under the X-Fi name, the only caveat is that the name is also shared with some inferior designs carrying over from the last generation. BUT the SB0460 is a good one.

In terms of music, if you don't care about hi-fi, then these will do. With a few mods, these can sound really really good (try...

hardrocve

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
http://www.overclock.net/t/185072/incredible-x-fi-mod-will-void-your-warranty-56k-warning

THE X-FI CARDS THAT SHOULD BE AVOIDED:
-X-Fi XtremeAudio
-X-Fi XtremeGamer
-Any of the low-profile X-Fis

THE GOOD ONES TO GET:
X-Fi Elite Pro
X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
X-Fi Platinum
X-Fi XtremeMusic (best value)

ONES I AM UNSURE ABOUT:
X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
This is one of the new ones. The other new ones are the XtremeAudio and XtremeGamer, which are both low profile. The low profile models do not support digital out (not easily, anyway), and they use lower quality components. The XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series is also new, but it is not low profile. If it is based on the same model as the good ones, it would be OK, but I don't know if it is. So it would be best to just avoid it.

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

I think that is the XtremeMusic model. In other words, that is a full X-Fi based on the best DSP, DAC that X-Fi had to offer. It is very similar to the xtremegamer models (depending on which one you compare it to). Other than names, creative made a few cards with tiny functional differences all under the X-Fi name, the only caveat is that the name is also shared with some inferior designs carrying over from the last generation. BUT the SB0460 is a good one.

In terms of music, if you don't care about hi-fi, then these will do. With a few mods, these can sound really really good (try googling x-fi mods).

For games, these are decent. A good assortment of DSP functions to accelerate audio, and software modes for you to tinker with to see if like a specific one.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.