Passworded Packard Bell Restore Files

Alan

Does anyone know how to extract the files from the Packard Bell restore
files on the hidden partion without using the Restore software or know the
password used to lock the files. I have a NEC laptop with XP but on making
the restore disks I get CRC errors on some of the files. I need to make the
disks so I can put a new/bigger hard drive in it. I managed to get the files
onto another PC using a network enabled Boot CD with Partition Magic 8.

you do realize that the new HD does not have
to be the primary hd
you can use the 2nd hd easily for programs etc

In any case
You can also image the hd you have now
and the hidden partition

You can make a primary partition and the hiden with the same variables (as
the old HD)and the remaining hd size can be another
partition

You can restore with the image
then use PM8 to combine the the partitions you desire

You could also try winxp backup
and restote to the new HD and then make active in bios
Never tried this one and do not know if it works

I believe when winxp installs it says something about
moving files to a new HD

By the way that hidden partition is not needed unless you use it as the
restore medium
Assuming you have all you want on the main
It is just a space taker

"Alan" <tko@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to extract the files from the Packard Bell restore
> files on the hidden partion without using the Restore software or know the
> password used to lock the files. I have a NEC laptop with XP but on making
> the restore disks I get CRC errors on some of the files. I need to make
the
> disks so I can put a new/bigger hard drive in it. I managed to get the
files
> onto another PC using a network enabled Boot CD with Partition Magic 8.

TRENDING THREADS