I got a used DAT tape drive, with 2 tapes, from a friend. I backed up my
files and it asked for a 3rd tape. I canceled the job and decided I do a
more "selective" backup later. Well, now I need to restore something from
that backup. My ".pab" file. When I try to catalog the tapes it asks for a
3rd tape, which was never used.

My question is: is there any way to restore files from the tape set, even
though the job was canceled before it finished?

Thanks

Depending on the software used, it MAY or may NOT be possible.
Only the people who wrote the backup software can tell you.

--
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
"JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I got a used DAT tape drive, with 2 tapes, from a friend. I backed up my
> files and it asked for a 3rd tape. I canceled the job and decided I do a
> more "selective" backup later. Well, now I need to restore something from
> that backup. My ".pab" file. When I try to catalog the tapes it asks for
> 3rd tape, which was never used.
>
> My question is: is there any way to restore files from the tape set, even
> though the job was canceled before it finished?
>
> Thanks

It's Windows backup software