Booting A Dimension XPS120c From CDROM

HELP! My Dell Dimension XPS120c won't boot from CD-ROM!

I've checked my BIOS settings and the 'Boot Sequence' setting is set
to 'CD-ROM First'. The CD is indeed bootable, and the BIOS is the
newest available from Dell (A06).

This error is keeping me from fixing a FreeBSD installation; please HELP!
2 answers Last reply
More about booting dimension xps120c cdrom

    If the drive is the same age as the system, it may have failed.
    Will the drive read a CD if you make a boot floppy using some form of
    rawrite?

    "Rishi Chopra" <rchopra@cal.berkeley.edu> wrote in message
    > HELP! My Dell Dimension XPS120c won't boot from CD-ROM!
    >
    > I've checked my BIOS settings and the 'Boot Sequence' setting is set
    > to 'CD-ROM First'. The CD is indeed bootable, and the BIOS is the
    > newest available from Dell (A06).
    >
    > This error is keeping me from fixing a FreeBSD installation; please HELP!

    I have several old computers that will boot to a CD with Smart Boot
    Manager.

    http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/index.php3?body=download.html

    Brian

    "Rishi Chopra" <rchopra@cal.berkeley.edu> wrote in message
    > HELP! My Dell Dimension XPS120c won't boot from CD-ROM!
    >
    > I've checked my BIOS settings and the 'Boot Sequence' setting is set
    > to 'CD-ROM First'. The CD is indeed bootable, and the BIOS is the
    > newest available from Dell (A06).
    >
    > This error is keeping me from fixing a FreeBSD installation; please HELP!

Dell BIOS Boot Dimension CD-Rom Computers