Booting A Dimension XPS120c From CDROM

HELP! My Dell Dimension XPS120c won't boot from CD-ROM!

I've checked my BIOS settings and the 'Boot Sequence' setting is set
to 'CD-ROM First'. The CD is indeed bootable, and the BIOS is the
newest available from Dell (A06).

This error is keeping me from fixing a FreeBSD installation; please HELP!

If the drive is the same age as the system, it may have failed.
Will the drive read a CD if you make a boot floppy using some form of
rawrite?

"Rishi Chopra" <rchopra@cal.berkeley.edu> wrote in message
> HELP! My Dell Dimension XPS120c won't boot from CD-ROM!
>
> I've checked my BIOS settings and the 'Boot Sequence' setting is set
> to 'CD-ROM First'. The CD is indeed bootable, and the BIOS is the
> newest available from Dell (A06).
>
> This error is keeping me from fixing a FreeBSD installation; please HELP!

I have several old computers that will boot to a CD with Smart Boot
Manager.

http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/index.php3?body=download.html

Brian