Generic Part vs. WMS proprietary?

Artwork aside, what are the most common parts replacements that aren't
subject to this licensing mess that's going on? I mean, surely
pop-bumper caps/bodies, bulbs, star posts, scoops, DMD's fall into this
category...

L.
3 answers Last reply
More about generic part proprietary

    Maybe patents apply to them? Like other posts I've read - WMS, Stern and
    others probably have a lot better things to do than to go after some small
    shop that made a small production run of parts for a machine they probably
    forgot about.

    ....then again, wtf do I know?

    "LouiSurfer" <louisurfer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Artwork aside, what are the most common parts replacements that aren't
    > subject to this licensing mess that's going on? I mean, surely
    > pop-bumper caps/bodies, bulbs, star posts, scoops, DMD's fall into this
    > category...
    >
    > L.

    Check what people like Happ and Suzo sell of replacement parts.
    Every part that has no art on it may be remade.

    To over simplify: every part an operator needs to keep a machine
    running can be remade..
    every part a collector needs to make his machine look as new can't

    That makes sense,

    Thanks for the reply,

    Louis

Games Video Games