  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 10, 2005 7:14:38 PM

Artwork aside, what are the most common parts replacements that aren't
subject to this licensing mess that's going on? I mean, surely
pop-bumper caps/bodies, bulbs, star posts, scoops, DMD's fall into this
category...

L.

More about : generic part wms proprietary

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 9:39:54 PM

Maybe patents apply to them? Like other posts I've read - WMS, Stern and
others probably have a lot better things to do than to go after some small
shop that made a small production run of parts for a machine they probably
forgot about.

....then again, wtf do I know?

"LouiSurfer" <louisurfer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Artwork aside, what are the most common parts replacements that aren't
> subject to this licensing mess that's going on? I mean, surely
> pop-bumper caps/bodies, bulbs, star posts, scoops, DMD's fall into this
> category...
>
> L.

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 2:56:15 AM

Check what people like Happ and Suzo sell of replacement parts.
Every part that has no art on it may be remade.

To over simplify: every part an operator needs to keep a machine
running can be remade..
every part a collector needs to make his machine look as new can't
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 3:04:24 AM

That makes sense,

Thanks for the reply,