Gaming Mouse

Aleatoire

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Hi there, I'm after a new gaming mouse. I used to have an OCZ Eclipse which I found to be very nice, however there was a design fault with the laser and after going through two of them in just a couple of months I decided to change. I ended up with a Logitech LS1 mouse which obviously isn't the most comfortable or feature laden mouse available for long gaming sessions. After doing a bit of research I quite like the look of the Logitech G500. Could anyone give me an opinion on the G500 or maybe suggest another mouse? That would be much appreciated.

hobbes147

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I'm currently using the G500 and like it a lot. This was my first laser gaming mouse (upgrading from a simple Microsoft intellipoint), but I have tried some of Razer's offerings on a friend's machine. I really like the custom options letting you set everything from weight to sensitivity and store it locally on the mouse. The textured sides are a nice touch and there are enough extra buttons without throwing a whole keypad on the side. It's a great overall mouse especially when it's on sale. It's also one of the few mice I've found with adjustable weighting for anyone wanting a heavier mouse.

This mouse is regularly on sale and is currently $50 after a mail-in-rebate on Newegg.

WaywardX

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
i've been using a razer deathadder for a matter of 5 hours.....and i have never liked another mouse more. Great ergonomics, decent price at 50 bucks, perfect sensitivity, and if you're worried about tricky software forget about it...its plug and play.

travisbundo

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
I recently used a Razer DeathAdder and was very disappointed. The sensitivity, weight and feel was superb. The mouse constantly double or triple left clicked. This was not a setting that needed to be toggled off. It was a malfunction with my mouse. 2 days ago the right click on the mouse stopped working, although it did last a solid 2+ years.