Help!!!!!!!!BIOS can't see my cpu fan speed

Dark_angel

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004
My CPU fan(Cooler Master) have 2 connector,first is to connect to power suplly.second is connect to MoBo.I already use to connect to Power supply.first time bios can detect fan speed.Long time i didnt check it and now i the bios can see my fan speed(RPM 0),but my fan still faster and the cpu temperature still normal (45-47 C).Why can be that?It look weird to me.Should i change to connect to MoBo or not?I dont want my MoBo to work hard.BTW what software can detec my voltage,temperature and the others.Gigabyte dont give that software

AMD 2600+
GIGABYTE 7VAXP-ULTRA
RADEON 9800XT
512MB CORSAIR

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
remove from psu plug to mobo...it doesnt draw much power so dont worry about your "mobo working too hard."

Mbm5 for voltage fan etc monitoring...

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a processor
110% BX fanboy

randy66

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
Bad advice , Some Cooler Master HSF draw too much power for M/board connection ,Aero / Jet & HAC-V81 , i.e the X-dream fan draws .66a , almost as much as a TT smart fan
I recommend staying with power supply connection for pwr.
& m/board for monitoring as per cooler master recommendations

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
if it has the mobo connector it was DESIGNED to be pluged into a mobo, if not it would have a standard molex connector and a cable to go to the mobo that would only use the sensor wire.

110% BX fanboy

randy66

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
Sorry , dont mean to be defensive , but just because it has a 3-pin connector doesn't mean it SHOULD/DESIGNED be connected to motherboard
example , TT volcano 9 series uses a smart fan II
and it has a 3 pin connector , NOT to be plugged into board , as per TT installation recommendations
so again , not very good advice

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
if not it would have a standard molex connector and a cable to go to the mobo that would only use the sensor wire.

stop arguing for the hell of it...read my posts more clearly before correcting them...

110% BX fanboy

TRENDING THREADS