Sign in with
Your question

How to set up a samsung tv that is also computer VOLUME to work on both tv and c

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 6, 2011 12:29:43 AM

Hello,
this may sound a bit confusing but i have a computer screen-which is also a TV. I can switch it to tv mode, or computer mode. But the problem is, we cant figure out how to make the volume work on the computer mode. My dad pressed ramdom buttons on the remote to get the volume to work on tv mode. But Computer mode is still not working!Please help!! There are a few extra buttons on the bottom of the remote, and extra plug-ins in the back of the tv.
Anonymous
March 6, 2011 9:42:37 AM

How did you connect the computer to the TV?
Anonymous
March 6, 2011 9:44:36 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Forum Feedback to section Computer Peripherals by Grumpy9117
Related resources
March 6, 2011 3:25:38 PM

Quote:
How did you connect the computer to the TV?

The computer is also a tv. So there's a remote to change to when you want to hook it up to the cable cord, or when you want to use it as a computer. But i can't seem to get the volume to work when i go on say youtube. It'll work when we have a movie in or something but that is it.
March 6, 2011 3:29:12 PM

houdaa22 said:
The computer is also a tv. So there's a remote to change to when you want to hook it up to the cable cord, or when you want to use it as a computer. But i can't seem to get the volume to work when i go on say youtube. It'll work when we have a movie in or something but that is it.

What type of cable are you using? VGA? HDMI? DVI?
March 6, 2011 10:32:37 PM

MauveCloud said:
What type of cable are you using? VGA? HDMI? DVI?

we dont have the cabel cord plugged into anything because we're using it as a computer screen right now.
But if we want to watch tv on it the back says HDMI/DVI.
As well as an antenna 1 and 2 for the cable. Is there anyway I can put up pictures of how it looks ?
March 6, 2011 11:39:25 PM

houdaa22 said:
we dont have the cabel cord plugged into anything because we're using it as a computer screen right now.
But if we want to watch tv on it the back says HDMI/DVI.
As well as an antenna 1 and 2 for the cable. Is there anyway I can put up pictures of how it looks ?

I'm not talking about the cable you'd use to watch TV. I'm talking about the cable from your computer to the TV. Until you explain the nature of that cable, I doubt anybody here in the forums will be able to help you. If you have a digital camera, please take pictures of the back of the TV and the computer while they're connected to each other, and post them in this thread. (if you don't have your own way to upload images, I'd suggest photobucket.com or imageshack.us)
!