While doing maintenance I uninstalled various programs through CP- Add
RemProg and decided to check errors (disk scan) after doing disk cleanup.
The error checking process stopped and there was a full screen message
beginning with "problem with...", but I could not read it as it was just a
glimpse before it disappeared. I tried restarting multiple times to read it
but never was able to read the error. Tried event viewer for an alert or
description of problem and did not see anything that I could understand that
seemed like a problem log. Tried reverting to previous restore points but no
luck.

Restarted once agin but in safe mode and when page opened there were text
lines from top to bottom of similar information about something like: "multi
disk, r partition, Windows, system 32, etc.. and I did not know what to do
with that information. I am worried something is really wrong with my hard
disk and I do not know what it is or what to do.

Can someone please help me with this?
Thank you, Josie

What "various programs" did you uninstall ! The webs we weave....Try
installing
xp cd,boot to xp cd,recovery,press enter for password,then type:CHKDSK C: /R
When its thru,12-20 min. type:EXIT Let xp start-up.If that doesnt correct
the
problem(s), Boot to xp cd,select,install xp,repair this copy..

"Josie" wrote:

> While doing maintenance I uninstalled various programs through CP- Add
> RemProg and decided to check errors (disk scan) after doing disk cleanup.
> The error checking process stopped and there was a full screen message
> beginning with "problem with...", but I could not read it as it was just a
> glimpse before it disappeared. I tried restarting multiple times to read it
> but never was able to read the error. Tried event viewer for an alert or
> description of problem and did not see anything that I could understand that
> seemed like a problem log. Tried reverting to previous restore points but no
> luck.
>
> Restarted once agin but in safe mode and when page opened there were text
> lines from top to bottom of similar information about something like: "multi
> disk, r partition, Windows, system 32, etc.. and I did not know what to do
> with that information. I am worried something is really wrong with my hard
> disk and I do not know what it is or what to do.
>
> Can someone please help me with this?
> Thank you, Josie

Andrew, thanks for responding, yes, definitely I wove quite a web....I
uninstalled the Office2003 backup files when cleaning, and a couple of photo
editing small programs.

I have win XP sp2 and do have the upgrade CD. Can you please be more
specific about how to proceed. Do I use this CD? If so do I restart to
reboot pressing F12 to boot from CD? I really would appreciate yor help so I
get disentagled from the web I created. Thanks a mil.