Sign in with
Your question

SGi product maneger interview

Last response: in CPUs
February 25, 2004 9:24:29 PM

http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT0216...

I guess linux have broke the 64 way barrier with altix and 128 way barrier will be broke soon also.

i need to change useur name.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by juin on 02/25/04 07:03 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
February 25, 2004 9:57:31 PM

"Broke" would indeed be the word for SGI :) 

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
February 25, 2004 10:04:18 PM

broke that why they sold more itanium that opteron.

i need to change useur name.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by juin on 02/25/04 07:07 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
February 25, 2004 10:32:04 PM

Yeah they sold more Itanium than opterons; WTF dude, has that got to do with ANYTHING ? I also think they sold more Altix systems than Windows licences, don't you think ?

Anyway, go over to SGI site and check their financials. $46M loss on $456M revenue for the last 6 months. Declining sales as well, and it has been like this for years. I give them 3 more years at most, and then they are done with; unfortunately cause they make nice things sometimes.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
February 26, 2004 1:08:11 AM

there altix have show great potentila if not the best itanium HPC server and real growth also.

Tell me that numalink or numaboards is not a good tech

i need to change useur name.
February 26, 2004 1:14:49 AM

1 they got over 700 million revenue and they have 136 million loss.

Still altix revenue is increasing.

February 26, 2004 1:16:50 AM

So in your mind SGI can loss money and cannot survive but AMD can lose money for year and year and survive.

February 26, 2004 1:39:05 AM

They are in totally different ballparks. SGI has a market cap of 700 million while AMD has a market cap of 5 billion. To put it in perspective Intel has a market cap of about 192 billion, IBM 166 billion. Put simply SGI is not near the worth of the other companies respectively.

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...
February 26, 2004 9:25:32 AM

Zey are like ah ze little pimple on ma bottum.

A long long time ago, but I can still remember, how that music used to make me smile... <A HREF="http://www.nexus.hu/zonix/DIGGER.MID" target="_new"><b><font color=blue>Digger rulz</font color=blue></b></A>
February 26, 2004 8:22:40 PM

How much Rambus worth look at there tech gross profit margin and they got some weith in the industrie.

By the way micron ifeneon samsung will face anti-trust.

February 26, 2004 10:25:09 PM

Their value is based on future earnings. Even with the recent court orders favoring the company. I don’t believe it is worth its current price, but don’t count them out, they could easily blackball the ram market.

February 27, 2004 1:52:58 AM

Cap market dont mean much profit tell a bit.Rambus do more money that AMD and IBM hardware division for the last 2 year.

February 27, 2004 2:23:35 AM

Market Cap which is Number of Shares * Price of shares = the generally perceived value of the company. Sure companies can be artificially high, but that is the general idea in a free market. It means a lot to the bottom line, especially if you are going to take over a company.

February 27, 2004 3:56:33 PM

would you pay 280 G for pfizer will you can have GE for 300G

The market cap move very fast that not show much.

!