Any Experts got any tips or ideas for me?

Hi

Previously I posted about losing the my screen resolution going from
1024 x 768 pixels to 640 x 480 pixels quite often. It was suggested that
the CMOS battery might be bad, but am still losing it after replacing the
battery, the resolution will change even when just restarting the computer.
I have gone into system properties and gone to device manager and deleted
display adapters, also under sounds video and game adapter and deleted the
video driver for mpact and also have deleted the mpact media processor with
little or no luck. Have reinstalled Mpact etc. I have done this numerous
times with little or no success. I was lucky have go back on the computer
and it has helped a few times. I have checked for viruses, trojans and ran
Norton System Works all with negative results. All of this seems to have
started when I installed 98SE because I had purchased an external WD 120 gig
HD which needed 98 SE and an updated USB driver. I read someplace where 98
SE is sometimes a destabilizing factor but have done all the MS updates etc.

Anyone got any tips I might try? As it is I feel that the only thing
left to do is Alt, control delete and format HD and start all over (grin) Or
buy a new computer!

Hate to do it but as I see it now it is the only alternative. I went to
PCPitstop.com and the computer crashed even Norton does not do the HD
integrity check so there is a definite problem.

Pentium II
G6 333 Mghz (Anigma mother board w/integrated AGP/Audio/DVD) 440LX
OAAKW040-7dkc-5 (Slot 1 Connector)

256 megs of ram

--
Lee

dman

"Lee Bray" <l.bray@comcast.net> scribbled some garbage about a problem
in news:pHxGc.32924$XM6.17926@attbi_s53: and Dman answered with his
usually drivel in the following manner!

> Hi
>
> Previously I posted about losing the my screen resolution going
> from
> 1024 x 768 pixels to 640 x 480 pixels quite often. It was suggested
> that the CMOS battery might be bad, but am still losing it after
> replacing the battery, the resolution will change even when just
> restarting the computer. I have gone into system properties and gone
> to device manager and deleted display adapters, also under sounds
> video and game adapter and deleted the video driver for mpact and also
> have deleted the mpact media processor with little or no luck. Have
> reinstalled Mpact etc. I have done this numerous times with little or
> no success. I was lucky have go back on the computer and it has
> helped a few times. I have checked for viruses, trojans and ran
> Norton System Works all with negative results. All of this seems to
> have started when I installed 98SE because I had purchased an external
> WD 120 gig HD which needed 98 SE and an updated USB driver. I read
> someplace where 98 SE is sometimes a destabilizing factor but have
> done all the MS updates etc.
>
> Anyone got any tips I might try? As it is I feel that the only
> thing
> left to do is Alt, control delete and format HD and start all over
> (grin) Or buy a new computer!
>
> Hate to do it but as I see it now it is the only alternative. I
> went to
> PCPitstop.com and the computer crashed even Norton does not do the HD
> integrity check so there is a definite problem.
>
> Pentium II
> G6 333 Mghz (Anigma mother board w/integrated AGP/Audio/DVD) 440LX
> OAAKW040-7dkc-5 (Slot 1 Connector)
>
> 256 megs of ram

The only suggestion I can offer is to delete the display drivers from
SAFE MODE...sometimes if you look in SAFE MODE there are more listed than
in the standard mode...
HTH

--
( ,&&&.
) .,.&&

Tim

My daughter and I give up. What is it?
> --
> ( ,&&&.
> ) .,.&&
> ( ( \=__/
> ) ,'-'.
> ( ( ,, _.__|/ /|
> ) /\ -((------((_|___/ |
> ( // | (`' (( `'--|
> _ -.;_/ \\--._ \\ \-._/.
> (_;-// | \ \-'.\ <_,\_\`--'|
> ( `.__ _ ___,') <_,-'__,'
> `'(_ )_)(_)_)'

Hey D Man

Will give that a try, if anyone else has suggestions I am open to any
and all.

Thanks!

--
Lee

"DMan" <lostintheworld@of.spam.control> wrote in message > The only
suggestion I can offer is to delete the display drivers from
> SAFE MODE...sometimes if you look in SAFE MODE there are more listed than
> in the standard mode...

Are you installing th correct monitor drivers???

Do not use plug and play monitor driver, hope that helps

Lee Bray wrote:
> Hey D Man
>
> Will give that a try, if anyone else has suggestions I am open to any
> and all.
>
> Thanks!

Looks like some kid roasting marshmallows at a campfire.
The fire is on the left.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Tim" <Tim@XHemplemans.com> wrote in message
> My daughter and I give up. What is it?
> > --
> > ( ,&&&.
> > ) .,.&&
> > ( ( \=__/
> > ) ,'-'.
> > ( ( ,, _.__|/ /|
> > ) /\ -((------((_|___/ |
> > ( // | (`' (( `'--|
> > _ -.;_/ \\--._ \\ \-._/.
> > (_;-// | \ \-'.\ <_,\_\`--'|
> > ( `.__ _ ___,') <_,-'__,'
> > `'(_ )_)(_)_)'

Or two hot dogs...

"Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
> Looks like some kid roasting marshmallows at a campfire.
> The fire is on the left.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "Tim" <Tim@XHemplemans.com> wrote in message
> > My daughter and I give up. What is it?
> > > --
> > > ( ,&&&.
> > > ) .,.&&
> > > ( ( \=__/
> > > ) ,'-'.
> > > ( ( ,, _.__|/ /|
> > > ) /\ -((------((_|___/ |
> > > ( // | (`' (( `'--|
> > > _ -.;_/ \\--._ \\ \-._/.
> > > (_;-// | \ \-'.\ <_,\_\`--'|
> > > ( `.__ _ ___,') <_,-'__,'
> > > `'(_ )_)(_)_)'

Tim

AHH SOOO, Grasshoppers. Uh, sankyou ver much!

"billy bob" <billybob@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Or two hot dogs...
>
> "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
> > Looks like some kid roasting marshmallows at a campfire.
> > The fire is on the left.
> >
> > --
> > Jupiter Jones
> > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
> >

> > "Tim" <Tim@XHemplemans.com> wrote in message
> > > My daughter and I give up. What is it?

Is it onboard video or a card? If it's a card try reseating it. If it's
onboard video, do you have a video card you can put in and try?

"Lee Bray" <l.bray@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hey D Man
>
> Will give that a try, if anyone else has suggestions I am open to any
> and all.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Lee
>
> "DMan" <lostintheworld@of.spam.control> wrote in message > The only
> suggestion I can offer is to delete the display drivers from
> > SAFE MODE...sometimes if you look in SAFE MODE there are more listed
than
> > in the standard mode...

On board but I might be able to borrow one, thanks for the suggestion.
Using my laptop now. Hammer close by for old desktop! (grin)

Lee