Reboot loop with cd in drive

September 12, 2005 7:19:32 PM

I was backing up some files till my sony DVD RW drive stopped reading
and writing all of a sudden. now when ever I put a disc in the drive
it reboots and won't stop rebooting until i remove the disc. any ideas
on how to fix this. I'm currently doing a virus scan and so far
nothings turning up.
I've tried regular software i tried data discs.. so far they all put
the computer in a reboot loop.

More about : reboot loop drive

Anonymous
September 13, 2005 5:39:17 AM

If could be a bad drive, but try diconnecting the cables to the Drive and
reconnecting them. Maybe a different IDE cable. Maybe making that drive a
Slave drive just to try changing things up in the configeration.

!