Reboot loop with cd in drive

I was backing up some files till my sony DVD RW drive stopped reading
and writing all of a sudden. now when ever I put a disc in the drive
it reboots and won't stop rebooting until i remove the disc. any ideas
on how to fix this. I'm currently doing a virus scan and so far
nothings turning up.
I've tried regular software i tried data discs.. so far they all put
the computer in a reboot loop.
1 answer Last reply
More about reboot loop drive

    If could be a bad drive, but try diconnecting the cables to the Drive and
    reconnecting them. Maybe a different IDE cable. Maybe making that drive a
    Slave drive just to try changing things up in the configeration.

    "draconous" <DragonMasterLee@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I was backing up some files till my sony DVD RW drive stopped reading
    > and writing all of a sudden. now when ever I put a disc in the drive
    > it reboots and won't stop rebooting until i remove the disc. any ideas
    > on how to fix this. I'm currently doing a virus scan and so far
    > nothings turning up.
    > I've tried regular software i tried data discs.. so far they all put
    > the computer in a reboot loop.

Reboot Loop Windows XP