Tech:Midway Sea Raider

I know it's not a pinball but I there are a few people on this group
with em arcade games, ok here is the problem that is slowly driving me
insane I cannot get the torpedo arm to move with the position of the
periscope I can manualy activate one of the switches on the selector
unit and then press the fire button and it works fine but if I press
the fire button to activate the coil/arm to activate the switch it
won't work and I can see the left position coil and the stop torpedo
arm motror coil activate right away keeping the arm from moving no
matter what the position of the arm is on the slector switch unit. If
anyone has any ideas please let me know this one is driving me nuts.
Thanks

The coil is firing and unlatching the plate but the arm doesn't move it
will only work if I trip the plate and then fire the trigger/coil, the
last switch on both ends do work but not the ones between this is
really driving me nuts.

Thanks for the tip I can tell where the plates have been lubed in the
past I'll take them out give them a good cleaning and let you know what
happens by the way are you interested in selling the lower plastic off
of your spare game?

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

When you press the button is the coil that plunges down into the selector
plate activated? It should do one quick shot, the plate should unlatch and
slide back into the unit hitting a switch. This tells the arm where it has
to move to. You seem to have that if you are triggering it by hand. Most
of the time on these (and I have two) the plate sticks over time. The
selector until need to be opened and each plate polished (a B!tch to get
back together). If you can trigger by hand then the motor is good and the
brushes/lans where the are make contact are clean also. So it sounds like
the coil it not firing, correct?

Make sure the coil is not burned closed or open if it is not firing. See if
it is getting voltage.

- Dave

<pinballtom264@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I know it's not a pinball but I there are a few people on this group
> with em arcade games, ok here is the problem that is slowly driving me
> insane I cannot get the torpedo arm to move with the position of the
> periscope I can manualy activate one of the switches on the selector
> unit and then press the fire button and it works fine but if I press
> the fire button to activate the coil/arm to activate the switch it
> won't work and I can see the left position coil and the stop torpedo
> arm motror coil activate right away keeping the arm from moving no
> matter what the position of the arm is on the slector switch unit. If
> anyone has any ideas please let me know this one is driving me nuts.
> Thanks

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Good luck, what kind of lube was used?

As for the lower plastic I have to get to that project first. I want to
make one really good one for myself. The problem is the one that works the
best has a painted over cabinet. So I have to decide it I want to do a
complete swap or use the good cab to make stencils and paint the other cab.
I will have to check the condition of the lower plastics to make sure the
second one is of good enough quality for you. I actually have another lower
I purchased on ebay a year or two ago that is made of glass. Very rare, I
think they stopped using glass because kids would put their fist through it.

I just have a few projects in front of it right now. I need to move out a
few pins to make room to work.

Incredible Hulk - $650
Future Spa - $750
Swords Of Fury - $1,000

Dave
Stratford, CT

> Thanks for the tip I can tell where the plates have been lubed in the
> past I'll take them out give them a good cleaning and let you know what
> happens by the way are you interested in selling the lower plastic off
> of your spare game?

Got it working!! turns out that the switch on the control motor that
sends power to the selector relay was gapped too far and closing a hair
too late so the selection wasn't being made in time before the
left/right torpedo relays activated. Please let me know when you can
get to that lower glass/plastic mine is very rough, warped and
flaking/missing a lot of paint. Thanks!