Repairs - Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ

Jonnyah

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask or if anyone can help, but I've managed to gouge a lump out of my Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ while moving house. I do not if it's possible to repair or if I should just scrap the whole thing, if it is possible to repair, does anyone know where in the UK I can get this done? I've attached a couple of pictures to help illustrate the extent of the damage.
5512769948_728b131926.jpg

Thanks Jonny

I only see one picture, and it looks like you've got two dents in the lower bezel, but the screen image looks mostly okay, except for a small white fleck in the grass area, which for all I can tell from that picture, could be a piece of expanded polystyrene packing material.

Jonnyah

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Hi
I had issues uploading the 2nd picture to Flickr. The white spec you mentioned is the damage to the monitor, hopefully this second picture will be of more use. Unfortunatrly the monitor is at my work and I only have access to the camera on the my phone, so the quality is not that great. ANy help would be great.
5514647868_a724cbc693.jpg

Thanks
Jonny

I severely doubt damage like that is repairable - if that's the backlight spilling through, the transistor film is probably torn and you might have even lost some of the liquid crystals, so repairs would involve replacing the panel within it, which I'm guessing isn't significantly less expensive than buying a new monitor. Did you have professional movers? If so, you might be able to persuade them (or their insurance company) to pay for a replacement monitor.

Jonnyah

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Thank you, I thought it was pretty much a lost cause. Unfortunately it wasn't professional movers, relatives and friends so compensation isn't possible. I appreciatte the input though :)