Timely Assistance Greatly Appreciated

DeEvolution

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2004
I have been having problems with an upgrade that I made to my ancient computer. I installed a nice temperature controlled fan to reduce the noise, and that has been working great at reducing the noise. There is a hitch however in that it has also reduced my cooling. My case temperatures now make running my computer for long periods of time impossible. :frown:

I have temporarily fixed the problem by putting the old fan back in. Unfortunately it is loud once more, which is not conducive to relaxing a client. I had been really looking forward to being able to play MP3 playlists as background music instead of constantly burning new mix CDs, so I would like my much less noisy fan back in if at all possible.

Since the sensor is built into the fan (meaning that I cannot put the sensor next to something hot) is there a neat and <i>simple</i> (simple is very important for me) geek trick that I can use to increase the voltage of the temperature controlled fan? I do not think that the fan is even reaching the maximum of its voltage anyway, so over volting this fan should not bring it beyond its specifications. The fan's sensor is just not set for temperature levels that are helpful to me.

If it helps the fan's plug is just one of those large four pin plugs like the hard drives use. A quick and easy solution would mean a lot to me. Thank you.

"Sad is the elephant upon the ice who went to put on his wooly coat only to realize that he left it in his other trunk." - DeEvolution

eden

Champion
Off-topic: Do you have Private Messaging enabled? I sent you one days ago but had no reply. It's on the left side of your THGC menu.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol:

TRENDING THREADS