internet home page changes

tonight, when going online, my home page was somehow changed. The background
was orange and the font was huge, no pics. Somehow the system settings are
changed but I can't detect where they changed. I am not totally computer
illiterate, but this one has me stumped. Before I do a system restore, I
thought I would post this message and see what anyone thinks could have
happened.
3 answers Last reply
More about internet home page changes

    sounds like spyware
    I use Adaware by Lavasoft and Spybot Search and Destroy as well as the MS
    Antispyware tool.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com
    left side, spyware tools, pick Adaware SE Personal and Spybot Search &
    Destroy 1.4 from the list, download and install.
    Update & Run them regularly.

    --
    A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
    "Bobbie Walker" <BobbieWalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > tonight, when going online, my home page was somehow changed. The
    > background
    > was orange and the font was huge, no pics. Somehow the system settings are
    > changed but I can't detect where they changed. I am not totally computer
    > illiterate, but this one has me stumped. Before I do a system restore, I
    > thought I would post this message and see what anyone thinks could have
    > happened.

    Thank you, I'll try that

    Bobbie Walker wrote:

    > tonight, when going online, my home page was somehow changed. The background
    > was orange and the font was huge, no pics. Somehow the system settings are
    > changed but I can't detect where they changed. I am not totally computer
    > illiterate, but this one has me stumped. Before I do a system restore, I
    > thought I would post this message and see what anyone thinks could have
    > happened.

    Run these programs to check for spyware/malware. After installing
    update them, then boot into safe mode and run them. You should update
    and run them weekly.

    Cwshredder

    Ad-aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com

    Spybot Search and Destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org

    Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
    http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html

    If you’re still having problems after running these then run HijackThis
    and post the log to one of the specialty forums, _NOT_ this one.

    HijackThis

    Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:

    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

    After your system is clean use these programs to help keep it clean:

    Spywareblaster
    www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

    Spywareguard
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sgdownload.html