Gateway FHX2402L, or Asus ML248H?

Jay76

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Which 24" LED/LCD monitor is better? They are around the same price. Is there a better 24" LED/LCD than those two for the same price?

Jay76

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
I believe both the Gateway and Asus models came out around October of 2010. I am looking for something in that price range, that has good response time, and a decent quality picture. Something that will be decent for Gaming, and a little video and photo editing.

For video and photo editing I'd advise against both LED backlights (which give a blue tinge to the screen from what I've read) and TN panels (which have less color accuracy and shift colors when viewed from off-center). Unfortunately, the cheapest 24 inch monitor I can find that is neither LED backlit nor a TN panel is the HP ZR24w, which I'm fairly sure is out of your price range.

If you're still insisting on an LED backlight (which from what I've read, actually looks worse than a CCFL backlight, despite being more expensive), the Asus ML248H looks like a decent choice. However, if you're willing to look at one with a CCFL backlight, you might consider something like an Asus MS248H or a ViewSonic VA2431wm