Closed

Game Zone problems

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 26, 2004 2:02:12 PM

I had the worm and tried to clear it from my computer
(maybe successful). Now I can't get on-line games to
play. After I click "play now" they never load. They
say there is a problem with the ActiveX files, but I
don't know which one to fix, or how to do it.

More about : game zone problems

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 12:50:45 AM

Casey wrote:

> I had the worm and tried to clear it from my computer
> (maybe successful). Now I can't get on-line games to
> play. After I click "play now" they never load. They
> say there is a problem with the ActiveX files, but I
> don't know which one to fix, or how to do it.

With WinME and WinXP you can run System Restore and select an entry
point listed on a date before the problem first occurred. You would
have to select a date before the worm infestation.

If you open Internet Properties, General tab, click Settings, View
Objects, you will see the ActiveX components. The one needed for the
Zone is HeartbeatCtl Class. Look at its properties and see if it's
damaged. If so, right-click, click Repair. If you click View, Details,
you will see the Status of each. Repair any that is damaged.
Right-click any that you wonder about, click Properties to see what
they're used for. Remove any you think don't belong. They'll be
reinstalled as needed.

A security setting within the browser might cause ActiveX to not run
also.

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

clvck
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 7:05:28 AM

view objects right click mouse and select update download
spybot from cnet it will get rid off just about every
spyware,worms and viruses.delete your zone files from add
and remove program and reinstall

June 8, 2004 11:22:09 AM

heartbeatcls, and it can be found like this:

close your browser, go into your control panel, and click
internet, or internet options. then, on the general tab,
click settings, then go to 'view objects'. Delete the
heartbeat fiel from there. It may be a string of
characters if its damaged.

Then unistall the zone, and then re-install it. If this
doesnt work then your in my boat, b/c I have a similar
problem.
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 9:13:11 PM

It's possible your C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files folder has
\Conflict folders then. If so, they need to be removed, plus any
reference to them in the registry. Post again if you need more details.

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

clvck
April 22, 2010 1:55:14 PM

how can i istall. zone in my computer wz window 7
April 22, 2010 5:37:04 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!