Closed

Game Zone problems

I had the worm and tried to clear it from my computer
(maybe successful). Now I can't get on-line games to
play. After I click "play now" they never load. They
say there is a problem with the ActiveX files, but I
don't know which one to fix, or how to do it.
6 answers Last reply
More about game zone problems
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Casey wrote:

    > I had the worm and tried to clear it from my computer
    > (maybe successful). Now I can't get on-line games to
    > play. After I click "play now" they never load. They
    > say there is a problem with the ActiveX files, but I
    > don't know which one to fix, or how to do it.

    With WinME and WinXP you can run System Restore and select an entry
    point listed on a date before the problem first occurred. You would
    have to select a date before the worm infestation.

    If you open Internet Properties, General tab, click Settings, View
    Objects, you will see the ActiveX components. The one needed for the
    Zone is HeartbeatCtl Class. Look at its properties and see if it's
    damaged. If so, right-click, click Repair. If you click View, Details,
    you will see the Status of each. Repair any that is damaged.
    Right-click any that you wonder about, click Properties to see what
    they're used for. Remove any you think don't belong. They'll be
    reinstalled as needed.

    A security setting within the browser might cause ActiveX to not run
    also.

    --

    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

    clvck
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    view objects right click mouse and select update download
    spybot from cnet it will get rid off just about every
    spyware,worms and viruses.delete your zone files from add
    and remove program and reinstall

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    heartbeatcls, and it can be found like this:

    close your browser, go into your control panel, and click
    internet, or internet options. then, on the general tab,
    click settings, then go to 'view objects'. Delete the
    heartbeat fiel from there. It may be a string of
    characters if its damaged.

    Then unistall the zone, and then re-install it. If this
    doesnt work then your in my boat, b/c I have a similar
    problem.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    It's possible your C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files folder has
    \Conflict folders then. If so, they need to be removed, plus any
    reference to them in the registry. Post again if you need more details.

    --

    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

    clvck
  5. how can i istall. zone in my computer wz window 7

Games Microsoft Video Games