Need help changing win xp serial number.

Hi all,
I'm working on a machine that I'm trying to change the Win XP Pro serial
number on. When I go throught the process outlined at microsoft which is the
same as this one:
http://www.flexbeta.net/main/printarticle.php?id=3
I get the screen that says "windows is already activated".

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Gary

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#18