Creative Sound blaster recon 3d Fatal1ty Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

douglasw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Im thinking to upgrade my soundcard from the X-FI fatality extreme gamer pro series to the Sound Blaster Recon 3D would it be a noticeable improvement...youd think with the quad core audio processor

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011

hello douglasw
I just noticed you question and thought I would somehow helpful. I currently have both the recon3D pcie version and the creative Titanium HD, I have only had titanium HD for a few days, but I must say that in terms of music and movies the titanium HD is a winner, both cards are great for gaming but the recon3D has slighly better balanced postional audio, while the Titanium HD makes everything clearer in games, but please be a aware that this testing is done using a refernce quality stereo headphones, I currenly only game with headphones on, if your using a 5.1 analogue system then the recon3D series is really good as I use to play using a 5.1 system.

so long story short if you only game with your pc using headphones or 5.1 analogue then go with the recon3D.
if you use your pc for everyhing ( music, movies, gaming) on stereo headphones and stereo speakers with virtual surround or similar with amplifer then the titanium HD is better suited.

note: grab the recon3D pcie standard version, better value for your money unless you need the added mic.

douglasw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Thank you for your input on the Recon 3 as i went on with my research i found out if i was looking for that big difference with what i have i wasn't going to get it from the Recon 3 so i went ahead & bought the HT Omega Claro Plus ...If this card can live up to its specs ill have the card im looking for...Thanks again

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
congrats ^_^ the claro is on par with titanium HD and the asus essence stx, in terms of sound quality, those card are AUDIOPHILE quality cards, the recon3D is not. its just a good gaming sound card but not top quality sound, well I hope the claro will give you what you need in a sound card as am pretty sure its a great card. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS