Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to install cd program in windows7

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • CD-Rom
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
November 25, 2012 5:27:57 PM

I have a program called Print Shop and wish to install in on my Windows 7 computer. How do I do this? Thanks GW

More about : install program windows7

a b $ Windows 7
November 25, 2012 5:30:40 PM

Hi :) 

Put in the disc...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 25, 2012 5:55:18 PM

gerrywils said:
I have a program called Print Shop and wish to install in on my Windows 7 computer. How do I do this? Thanks GW



if Windows AutoPlay is turned-on and the cd has an autorun file on it, it should start the installation program automatically.

If it does not start automatically, then you can click on "Computer" on the Desktop or in the Start Menu, and then on the D drive (usually D) and then double-left-click a file called setup.exe, install.exe, or something like printshopdlx.exe.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 2, 2012 4:47:14 PM

Thank you Danny. Did as you suggested but keep getting a message saying this program did not install correctly...

Any more suggestions? GW
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 2, 2012 5:10:15 PM

gerrywils said:
Thank you Danny. Did as you suggested but keep getting a message saying this program did not install correctly...

Any more suggestions? GW



Did it install the icons in the Start menu at all?
m
0
l
December 2, 2012 5:47:17 PM

No, it did not. There is no sign of it anywhere that I can tell. GW
m
0
l
a c 423 $ Windows 7
December 2, 2012 5:48:41 PM

What version of print shop?
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 2, 2012 6:37:01 PM

First go into Control panel and go into Programs and features and look for anything that looks like Printshop Deluxe and uninstall it if you see it. it is a good idea to reboot the computer/laptop after doing that if you had to remove it from there.

After that, or if it didn't show-up in Programs and Features, do this:
Go back to the CD and find the file that you clicked on before to run the install program. Right-click on the setup.exe or whatever it is called. and click on "Send to Desktop.".
Now go to your desktop and find the shortcut for the setup program that you just sent there. Right-click on it and select "Properties". Go to the "Compatibility tab and select "Run this program in compatiblity mode for" and try Vista first, and if that does not work, try the Xp selection.
m
0
l
December 2, 2012 9:38:48 PM

danny2000 said:
First go into Control panel and go into Programs and features and look for anything that looks like Printshop Deluxe and uninstall it if you see it. it is a good idea to reboot the computer/laptop after doing that if you had to remove it from there.

After that, or if it didn't show-up in Programs and Features, do this:
Go back to the CD and find the file that you clicked on before to run the install program. Right-click on the setup.exe or whatever it is called. and click on "Send to Desktop.".
Now go to your desktop and find the shortcut for the setup program that you just sent there. Right-click on it and select "Properties". Go to the "Compatibility tab and select "Run this program in compatiblity mode for" and try Vista first, and if that does not work, try the Xp selection.


Tried everything you mentioned and get an error message. I give up. Thanks anyway GW
m
0
l
!