Battery pack for Zire 71

December 3, 2004 4:20:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I have a Zire 71 and will be going overseas. Is there a battery pack
(something that plugs in at the bottom of the cradle port) that I can use to
keep the Palm charged? I may not be near an outlet for several days so need
something that will keep my Palm alive. Thanks

--
-------------------------------
remove "smooth" from my yahoo.com address.

More about : battery pack zire

Anonymous
December 3, 2004 5:22:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Palm sells a device called Power To Go. $50, plugs onto back of unit. Just
what you want. Theres also cheaper devices that use a 9 volt battery to
extend the battery life, look on Ebay

"hmc" <ciaochou2@yahoo.smooth.com> wrote in message
> I have a Zire 71 and will be going overseas. Is there a battery pack
> (something that plugs in at the bottom of the cradle port) that I can use
> keep the Palm charged? I may not be near an outlet for several days so
need
> something that will keep my Palm alive. Thanks
>
> --
> -------------------------------
> remove "smooth" from my yahoo.com address.

Anonymous
December 4, 2004 12:36:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"PDA Man" <pdamant@pada.net> wrote in

> Palm sells a device called Power To Go. $50, plugs onto back of unit.
> Just what you want. Theres also cheaper devices that use a 9 volt
> battery to extend the battery life, look on Ebay

The sled is rechargeable, and is supposed to provide 3 or 4 charges
before it has to be recharged. I haven't used one. Proporta among
others sells a portable charging unit that takes 9-volt batteries, and
your time to keep recharging is limited only by the number of batteries
you have on hand. On battery will recharge your Palm 2 or 3 times or
more, depending on how low it was when recharged. For a Zire 71, these
are problematic, though, because the universal connector is slightly
different and most plugs don't hold tightly. You may have to manually
hold them together for charging, which is a pain.

--
Regards,

Stan
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 12:36:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Thanks Stan and PDA Man!

--
-------------------------------
"Stan Gosnell" <me@work.com> wrote in message
> "PDA Man" <pdamant@pada.net> wrote in
>
>> Palm sells a device called Power To Go. $50, plugs onto back of unit.
>> Just what you want. Theres also cheaper devices that use a 9 volt
>> battery to extend the battery life, look on Ebay
>
> The sled is rechargeable, and is supposed to provide 3 or 4 charges
> before it has to be recharged. I haven't used one. Proporta among
> others sells a portable charging unit that takes 9-volt batteries, and
> your time to keep recharging is limited only by the number of batteries
> you have on hand. On battery will recharge your Palm 2 or 3 times or
> more, depending on how low it was when recharged. For a Zire 71, these
> are problematic, though, because the universal connector is slightly
> different and most plugs don't hold tightly. You may have to manually
> hold them together for charging, which is a pain.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Stan
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 12:36:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I'm considering getting one of these. Does anyone know of or have any
experience with a speciffic unit that fits the Zire71 well?

"Stan Gosnell" <me@work.com> wrote in message
"PDA Man" <pdamant@pada.net> wrote in
*Snip*
For a Zire 71, these are problematic, though, because the universal
connector is slightly different and most plugs don't hold tightly. You may
have to manually hold them together for charging, which is a pain.

Regards,

Stan
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 11:29:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

HMC
I have bought a 'battery extender' that runs off 4 AA batteries from ebay. I
bought one for a T3. The identical style is:
It is inexpensive, very well made, durable and works well.
Mick
"hmc" <ciaochou2@yahoo.smooth.com> wrote in message
> I have a Zire 71 and will be going overseas. Is there a battery pack
> (something that plugs in at the bottom of the cradle port) that I can use
> keep the Palm charged? I may not be near an outlet for several days so
need
> something that will keep my Palm alive. Thanks
>
> --
> -------------------------------
> remove "smooth" from my yahoo.com address.

Anonymous
December 4, 2004 3:16:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.palmtops.pilot.]
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:20:24 -0600, hmc
<ciaochou2@yahoo.smooth.com> wrote:
> I have a Zire 71 and will be going overseas. Is there a battery pack
> (something that plugs in at the bottom of the cradle port) that I can use to
> keep the Palm charged? I may not be near an outlet for several days so need
> something that will keep my Palm alive. Thanks

If you are going to be near an automobile, PalmOne sells an adapter that
plugs into the cigarette lighter.
(As far as I know, there isn't any adapter for horses, camels or
bicycles -- yet.)

--
New motto at CBS and NBC: "Jesus didn't turn away people, but we do."
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I'm using PowerToGo at Zire71.
It's wonderful!!
but, I still need to charge them.
->I charge both Z71 and PTG once a week.

!