My Dad is great (report from San Bernadino, CA)

Now, I live in Minnesota. My Dad lives in California. He's not at all
into pinball, but knows that I am. He loves me anyway.

Happened to call him last night, and he's visiting some people in the
San Bernadino area... So, he's at a bowling alley when I call. Of
course I say, "Dad. Do me a favor-- check around and see if they have
any pinball. Email me with whatever you find, and the address of the
place!"

This morning, sure enough-- I get an email with the name of the place,
the machines, AND he noticed that all machines were from the same
manufacturer -- which I wouldn't have expected AT ALL.

So... For those of you who might be in/around/visiting San Bernadino--

Del Rosa Lanes at 1499 Highland Ave. has 7 machines, "all Gottlieb."

1. Alien Star
2. Class Of 1812
3. Strikes N' Spares
4. Water World
5. Barb Wire
6. Cue Ball Wizard
7. Wipe Out

No, he didn't give me condition.

Well, I've been meaning to go out and visit him... And I've never
played an Alien Star or Class of 1812... And I haven't played a Wipe
Out for years...

....I'm gonna go check the price of flights to California now.

My Dad is SO great.

-Jen
--
Please visit the Twin Cities Pinball Enthusiasts' website at
www.tcpe.org and the Twin Cities Pinball Database at www.tcpb.org

>And I've never played ... Class of 1812

Very few have, and it's one of the best 90s games - period.

>Sell me one?

Hah. I've been looking over 3 years. And, knock on wood, there's one
on the way!

>Sell me one?

Hah. I've been looking over 3 years. And, knock on wood, there's one
on the way!

I don't think I'd categorize it as (even remotely close to) one of the
best 90's games. There's some extremely stiff competition out there in
that decade.

That said, I would certainly say it's one of the best Gottlieb System
3's.