jeff

Hi,

I'm a new user so hello to evrybody.
My problem is that I have define a workgroup ("WORKGROUP") in windows
XP, windows asks for a restart. When I have restarted I try to login
with my account define in certain domain but it doesn't work. I imagine
that the computer restart in teh WORKGROUP domain so my user is not
define in it. Does it exist a default user for the new worhgroup
created ????
I'm totally blocked I can't access my machine anymore.

Thanks

--
jeff

Malke

jeff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a new user so hello to evrybody.
> My problem is that I have define a workgroup ("WORKGROUP") in windows
> XP, windows asks for a restart. When I have restarted I try to login
> with my account define in certain domain but it doesn't work. I
> imagine that the computer restart in teh WORKGROUP domain so my user
> is not define in it. Does it exist a default user for the new
> worhgroup created ????
> I'm totally blocked I can't access my machine anymore.
>
> Thanks

If the machine was a member of a domain and you changed it to a
workgroup, you disjoined it from the domain. Your domain login will no
longer function. You will need to take the machine to your IT Dept. and
nicely ask them to join the machine to the domain again. Don't mess
with domain settings.

If you were doing this on your own, standalone machine you don't need a
domain. You can't join a domain unless there is a machine running a
server operating system with a domain set up. If you were just playing
around for fun, you need to either get a book or start Googling for
basic networking information.

If you need further help, then post back with a better description of
your computer and your network setup, including what you were really
trying to do.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers