8300 Dimension - ATI 9800 Pro Fan Noise?

My fan is extremely loud - has anyone replaced the fan on the ATI 9800 with
something that is effective, but quiet? If so, what was the replacement
fan and how easy was it to replace on the ATI card?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Charlie
Charliec

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

"Charliec" <charliec@invalid.address.com> wrote in message news:eek:ruee0hrc1cekgtkbt43junfhjp4cbnkju@4ax.com...
> My fan is extremely loud - has anyone replaced the fan on the ATI 9800 with
> something that is effective, but quiet? If so, what was the replacement
> fan and how easy was it to replace on the ATI card?

Google for "VGA cooler"... numerous products and reviews

Yes, the Arctic cooler, which works great, but takes an extra slot.
"Charliec" <charliec@invalid.address.com> wrote in message
> My fan is extremely loud - has anyone replaced the fan on the ATI 9800
with
> something that is effective, but quiet? If so, what was the replacement
> fan and how easy was it to replace on the ATI card?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
> Charlie
> Charliec

I've installed the Arctic cooler -works well -reduced noise substantially.

on 04-07-2004 05:39 Charliec said the following:

> My fan is extremely loud - has anyone replaced the fan on the ATI 9800 with
> something that is effective, but quiet? If so, what was the replacement
> fan and how easy was it to replace on the ATI card?

I had the same problem, when my 8300 booted cold, the fan made
some strange noise. After some minutes it disapeared.
I called Dell support and they replaced my ATI 9800 and the noise
is gone.

Patrick

TRENDING THREADS