Various BSOD Messages -- Please Help!

Please help! I’m having multiple Blue Screen of Death messages. Here are some that I’m getting in Windows 8:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
CRITICAL_STRUCUTURE_CORRUPTION
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On average, the computer goes through 2-3 BSODs and restarts before it becomes stable and usable after I initially turn it on. Then it usually runs okay, except for occasional BSOD crashes.

I had the BSOD problem with Windows 7 Ultimate, when I first started using this computer last year, though not as often. After updating to Windows 8 Pro, it has become much more frequent.

Windows 7 Ultimate was a Developer Edition DVD that I purchased from Craigslist. I had since upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, purchased from Microsoft.

Could it be that the Developer Edition of Windows 7 was corrupt and is still affecting the upgraded Windows 8? Could it be a hardware problem? Or maybe software and hardware?

I installed Linux last week and so far, I haven’t had any crashes. I ran a test on my 4 sticks of RAM which passed. Moreover, I couldn’t detect any viruses.

From Day 1, I’ve had the BSOD with this custom PC.

Specs:
Intel i7 2600K (have not overclocked it)
Asus P8-Z68V Pro (Asus EFI Bios ver. 0706)
Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB 1600MHz
2 x Samsung Ecodrive 1.5TB
2 x Radeon HD 6850 1GB (Crossfire)
Crucial SSD m4 256GB
Antec High Current Gamer 900W
Asus Blu-Ray burner 12X Lite BW-12B1ST
Sony memory card reader MRW620
Asus wireless adapter PCE-N15
Corsair H100 liquid cooler
NZXT SENTRY 2 fan controller
10 answers Last reply
More about various bsod messages help
  1. that win 7 developper edition is a legal one or a copy from the net
  2. Seems legal. The DVD is labeled professionally and not from a home printer.
  3. Bad ram can cause multiple BSSOD errors, try running memtest.
  4. RAM passed Memtest86.. No problem there.
  5. Here is the memory dump analysis:

6. scout_03 said:
    that win 7 developper edition is a legal one or a copy from the net

It's legal
  7. bignastyid said:
    Bad ram can cause multiple BSSOD errors, try running memtest.

No RAM errors w/ memtest
  8. Next rule out the hdd by running the manufactures diagnostics. Its possible you may need to try a clean install of win 8, many times when upgrading from a troubled OS the upgrade has issues, which is hy clean installs are the best option when switching OS's.
  9. the netio.sys report to this on microsoft related to network driver http://support.microsoft.com/find-solutions/windows/windows-7/
  10. bignastyid said:
    Next rule out the hdd by running the manufactures diagnostics. Its possible you may need to try a clean install of win 8, many times when upgrading from a troubled OS the upgrade has issues, which is hy clean installs are the best option when switching OS's.

I think I'll purchase a full version of Windows 8 and try for the clean install, since Windows 7 gave me the same problems. Thanks for the tip.
Ask a new question

Read More

Blue Screen Windows 8 Windows 7