Reinstall XP Pro Upgrade on New XP Home PC?

I purchased an XP Pro license and installed it on an XP Home PC. Now I want
to replace the old PC. Will I be able to use the XP Pro Upgrade on a new XP
Home PC? In an ideal world, I would be able to deauthorize the old PC when I
activate the new PC. Thanks - wavey38@yahoo.com

Remove XP Pro from the old computer and install it on the new one. Upgrade
versions are not OEM versions so you can transfer the license from one
system to another provided you don't currently have it installed at the time
of transfer.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"wavey38" <wavey38@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I purchased an XP Pro license and installed it on an XP Home PC. Now I
>want
> to replace the old PC. Will I be able to use the XP Pro Upgrade on a new
> XP
> Home PC? In an ideal world, I would be able to deauthorize the old PC
> when I
> activate the new PC. Thanks - wavey38@yahoo.com

Many thanks Harry! Allan