Sign in with
Your question

Advice on monitors

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 14, 2011 10:02:08 AM

Hi All,
Plz suggest me some good 23" monitors price less than 350 $.
Thanks

More about : advice monitors

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
March 14, 2011 10:35:31 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Computer Peripherals by Grumpy9117
a c 77 C Monitor
March 14, 2011 11:26:54 AM

It would help if you provide more details of what you're looking for in your monitor, or how you'll be using it, but my initial suggestion would be the Dell U2311H. If you buy it direct from Dell, it's within your stated budget:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?s...
Related resources
March 14, 2011 11:51:43 AM

MauveCloud said:
It would help if you provide more details of what you're looking for in your monitor, or how you'll be using it, but my initial suggestion would be the Dell U2311H. If you buy it direct from Dell, it's within your stated budget:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?s...

Actually I am looking for a gaming monitor with good color resolution and good display, should support high definition graphics wiyh HDMI and DVI input. Initially I thought of P2370MS from samsung or PX2370 Samsung monitor. But got liltle confused when I started reading specs of other monitors of diffrent brands. I dnt know which one should I choose LED/LCD monitor. But I want it to be good in looks and at the same time doesnt want to compromise on display quality. I would be using it for games, movies and do some coding.
Thanks
a c 77 C Monitor
March 14, 2011 1:46:04 PM

OLED monitors have not really come to consumer level yet, so what you find as an "LED Monitor" is actually an LCD monitor with an LED backlight (instead of Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp (CCFL)), and current monitors with LED backlights are reported to have a blue tinge, so I would only suggest a monitor with an LED backlight if you're more concerned about the thickness, heat, or power consumption than the display quality.

You say you want HDMI as well as DVI. That indicates that you'll be connecting something besides a computer (maybe a PS3 or XBox 360?) on the HDMI port, so the U2311H is out (as far as I can tell from online documentation, DisplayPort adapters only work in the other direction (i.e. DisplayPort video card, HDMI monitor), and HDMI to DVI adapters that separate the audio are $100 or more)

As far as image quality, the Samsung F2380M's PVA panel should give it better quality than the PX2370 or P2370MS, which use TN panels, and I found it here:
http://www.comeuro.net/webshop/product.php?productid=74...

If that comes out too expensive with shipping, the 2 highest-rated monitors listed at NewEgg that meet your requirements are the Acer H233Hbmid and ASUS VH232H, although the Samsungs you mentioned look like acceptable alternatives, since these also use TN panels.
March 14, 2011 4:08:38 PM

MauveCloud said:
OLED monitors have not really come to consumer level yet, so what you find as an "LED Monitor" is actually an LCD monitor with an LED backlight (instead of Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp (CCFL)), and current monitors with LED backlights are reported to have a blue tinge, so I would only suggest a monitor with an LED backlight if you're more concerned about the thickness, heat, or power consumption than the display quality.

You say you want HDMI as well as DVI. That indicates that you'll be connecting something besides a computer (maybe a PS3 or XBox 360?) on the HDMI port, so the U2311H is out (as far as I can tell from online documentation, DisplayPort adapters only work in the other direction (i.e. DisplayPort video card, HDMI monitor), and HDMI to DVI adapters that separate the audio are $100 or more)

As far as image quality, the Samsung F2380M's PVA panel should give it better quality than the PX2370 or P2370MS, which use TN panels, and I found it here:
http://www.comeuro.net/webshop/product.php?productid=74...

If that comes out too expensive with shipping, the 2 highest-rated monitors listed at NewEgg that meet your requirements are the Acer H233Hbmid and ASUS VH232H, although the Samsungs you mentioned look like acceptable alternatives, since these also use TN panels.

Samsung F2380M is going out of my budget. Out of samsung PX2370 & P2370MS which one will be better??
Thanks
a c 77 C Monitor
March 14, 2011 4:41:54 PM

I'd say the P2370MS is better of those two, and not just because of the CCFL backlight. Even if you don't need the component and composite inputs and plan to use separate speakers, it has an audio in to go with the DVI, so it can take care of switching the audio source.
a c 77 C Monitor
March 15, 2011 2:13:24 AM

bhishm is in India, so dealstudio won't help, and the p2370hd doesn't show up in search on Samsung's India site, but comparing specs, I think the p2370ms is actually the same monitor, just re-labeled.
March 15, 2011 4:22:00 AM

Thanks MauveCloud. I ll go with P2370MS.
!