Removing Internet Explorer wallpaper

Barry

I downloaded a picture to be used as my desktop wall paper.......Now I'm
trying to remove it, and I can't, I've looked @ all BMPs,JPGs, etc. It
doesn't show up any place.
I go to "Display" then "Desk Top", and locate the item, It's listed as
"Internet Explorer Wallpaper". I do a search for the wallpaper, and nothing
shows up..........Any ideas???
Thanks
Barry/Austin

Change options to look in hidden and system folders.

Barry wrote:

> I downloaded a picture to be used as my desktop wall paper.......Now I'm
> trying to remove it, and I can't, I've looked @ all BMPs,JPGs, etc. It
> doesn't show up any place.
> I go to "Display" then "Desk Top", and locate the item, It's listed as
> "Internet Explorer Wallpaper". I do a search for the wallpaper, and nothing
> shows up..........Any ideas???
> Thanks
> Barry/Austin

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Barry wrote:

> I downloaded a picture to be used as my desktop wall paper.......Now I'm
> trying to remove it, and I can't, I've looked @ all BMPs,JPGs, etc. It
> doesn't show up any place.
> I go to "Display" then "Desk Top", and locate the item, It's listed as
> "Internet Explorer Wallpaper". I do a search for the wallpaper, and nothing
> shows up..........Any ideas???
> Thanks
> Barry/Austin

Right click a blank area of the desktop | Properties | Desktop |
Customize Desktop | Web. Untic the "Lock desktop items box". Under web
pages highlight the offending file and click delete.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

tdh8192

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
Take a look in this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

thanks tdh8192,it worked.