Memory for a Dimension XPS D266.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I put a 64meg pc100 mem. mod in with the present 32meg. the
system booted but it didn't see the mem. any other I tried it
wouldn't accept either. Will it only accept pc66 mem or does it
require special Dell mem. mod?

The D series Dell's will not accept PC100 if your BIOS is below A09.

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:21:31 GMT, John <j.jblwl@verizon.net> wrote:

>I put a 64meg pc100 mem. mod in with the present 32meg. the
>system booted but it didn't see the mem. any other I tried it
>wouldn't accept either. Will it only accept pc66 mem or does it
>require special Dell mem. mod?

Too bad you didn't post last week. I just took a 266 and a 300 to the
recyclers. I'd have let you have the mems for postage.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots: