T5/Outlook 2000 sync problems

December 3, 2004 11:04:21 PM

Hi,
More problems with my T5.

I initailly tried syncing outlook calendar, etc while I was home and not
logged into the network at work. It seemed to sync ok. But when IO tried
syncing at work while on teh network, the outlook syncs failed and the
hotsync log displayed numerous OLERR errors.

Any ideas as to why it worked offline, but not online? I haven't tried
syncing offline again, so I'm not even sure if that still works...

I'm using the Palm Outlook conduits that came with the T5.

Thanks!
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 12:32:58 AM

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:04:21 GMT, Ed Lingo had this to say...

> Hi,
> More problems with my T5.
>
> I initailly tried syncing outlook calendar, etc while I was home and not
> logged into the network at work. It seemed to sync ok. But when IO tried
> syncing at work while on teh network, the outlook syncs failed and the
> hotsync log displayed numerous OLERR errors.
>
> Any ideas as to why it worked offline, but not online? I haven't tried
> syncing offline again, so I'm not even sure if that still works...
>
> I'm using the Palm Outlook conduits that came with the T5.
>
> Thanks!

Google search for 'olerr error' there was a solution posted here a
couple of weeks ago that involved renaming the OL data file so OL would
start a fresh one then importing all the old info.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

Thanks for the reference. I found the post. I can handle renaming the
outlook.pst file, but how do you import the PIM data from the old pst file
to the new pst file? Sorry if is obvious, but I've never done much fiddling
around with outlook.
Thanks again
"Jim Anderson" <fro2750@frontiernet.my_finger.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:04:21 GMT, Ed Lingo had this to say...
>

> > Hi,
> > More problems with my T5.
> >
> > I initailly tried syncing outlook calendar, etc while I was home and not
> > logged into the network at work. It seemed to sync ok. But when IO
tried
> > syncing at work while on teh network, the outlook syncs failed and the
> > hotsync log displayed numerous OLERR errors.
> >
> > Any ideas as to why it worked offline, but not online? I haven't tried
> > syncing offline again, so I'm not even sure if that still works...
> >
> > I'm using the Palm Outlook conduits that came with the T5.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Google search for 'olerr error' there was a solution posted here a
> couple of weeks ago that involved renaming the OL data file so OL would
> start a fresh one then importing all the old info.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.
> Jim Anderson
> ( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 3:20:30 AM

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 21:49:02 GMT, Ed Lingo had this to say...

> Thanks for the reference. I found the post. I can handle renaming the
> outlook.pst file, but how do you import the PIM data from the old pst file
> to the new pst file? Sorry if is obvious, but I've never done much fiddling
> around with outlook.
> Thanks again
> "Jim Anderson" <fro2750@frontiernet.my_finger.net> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:04:21 GMT, Ed Lingo had this to say...
> >

> > > Hi,
> > > More problems with my T5.
> > >
> > > I initailly tried syncing outlook calendar, etc while I was home and not
> > > logged into the network at work. It seemed to sync ok. But when IO
> tried
> > > syncing at work while on teh network, the outlook syncs failed and the
> > > hotsync log displayed numerous OLERR errors.
> > >
> > > Any ideas as to why it worked offline, but not online? I haven't tried
> > > syncing offline again, so I'm not even sure if that still works...
> > >
> > > I'm using the Palm Outlook conduits that came with the T5.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > Google search for 'olerr error' there was a solution posted here a
> > couple of weeks ago that involved renaming the OL data file so OL would
> > start a fresh one then importing all the old info.
> >
> > --
> > Hope this helps.
> > Jim Anderson
> > ( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger