Question: how can I disable access to games for a workstation during
work hours? This machine is connected to NEITHER the internet nor the
network--the network cable is unplugged--but I still want it so that
they can't do anything about it. I deleted the "games" shortcut in
Programs, and even moved the actual games from the System32 folder to a
hidden folder in Windows. But they seem to be a lot more computer
literate than I thought, by finding the game files through a search and
creating shortcuts to it. UGH!!! It's so frustrating, being that these
are people who primarily do manual and NOT technical labor. Who trained
them to be so smart? It certainly wasn't me! (lol).

Rafi Hecht
IT Technician
Dynamic Diamond Corp.

Fire them!
<rhecht@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Question: how can I disable access to games for a workstation during
> work hours? This machine is connected to NEITHER the internet nor the
> network--the network cable is unplugged--but I still want it so that
> they can't do anything about it. I deleted the "games" shortcut in
> Programs, and even moved the actual games from the System32 folder to a
> hidden folder in Windows. But they seem to be a lot more computer
> literate than I thought, by finding the game files through a search and
> creating shortcuts to it. UGH!!! It's so frustrating, being that these
> are people who primarily do manual and NOT technical labor. Who trained
> them to be so smart? It certainly wasn't me! (lol).
>
> Rafi Hecht
> IT Technician
> Dynamic Diamond Corp.

How To Add or Remove Games in Windows XP

rhecht@gmail.com wrote:
> Question: how can I disable access to games for a workstation during
> work hours? This machine is connected to NEITHER the internet nor the
> network--the network cable is unplugged--but I still want it so that
> they can't do anything about it. I deleted the "games" shortcut in
> Programs, and even moved the actual games from the System32 folder to
> a hidden folder in Windows. But they seem to be a lot more computer
> literate than I thought, by finding the game files through a search
> and creating shortcuts to it. UGH!!! It's so frustrating, being that
> these are people who primarily do manual and NOT technical labor. Who
> trained them to be so smart? It certainly wasn't me! (lol).
>
> Rafi Hecht
> IT Technician
> Dynamic Diamond Corp.

LOL! You should be fired, and your post has been forwarded to you
company.

--
Peace!
Kurt

rhecht@gmail.com wrote:
> Question: how can I disable access to games for a workstation during
> work hours? This machine is connected to NEITHER the internet nor the
> network--the network cable is unplugged--but I still want it so that
> they can't do anything about it. I deleted the "games" shortcut in
> Programs, and even moved the actual games from the System32 folder to a
> hidden folder in Windows. But they seem to be a lot more computer
> literate than I thought, by finding the game files through a search and
> creating shortcuts to it. UGH!!! It's so frustrating, being that these
> are people who primarily do manual and NOT technical labor. Who trained
> them to be so smart? It certainly wasn't me! (lol).
>
> Rafi Hecht
> IT Technician
> Dynamic Diamond Corp.

Why not just uninstall the games, then?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

That's a very scary question coming from an IT.
Even a bit marginal for a home user.

People, just because they do manual labor, doesn't mean they're illiterate
about PC use. What some may know may even surprise you even more.

<rhecht@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Question: how can I disable access to games for a workstation during
> work hours? This machine is connected to NEITHER the internet nor the
> network--the network cable is unplugged--but I still want it so that
> they can't do anything about it. I deleted the "games" shortcut in
> Programs, and even moved the actual games from the System32 folder to a
> hidden folder in Windows. But they seem to be a lot more computer
> literate than I thought, by finding the game files through a search and
> creating shortcuts to it. UGH!!! It's so frustrating, being that these
> are people who primarily do manual and NOT technical labor. Who trained
> them to be so smart? It certainly wasn't me! (lol).
>
> Rafi Hecht
> IT Technician
> Dynamic Diamond Corp.

Is the work getting done? Then let people take a break once in a
while! And you're not even giving them Internet!

--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots: