Windows auto update service

I would like to install some select updates but I'm always prompted to
install windows auto update which I don't want because of some unbelievable
problems I've had with it in the past.Buy problems I mean...it totally
screwed up my system several times until I got rid of it per recommondation
of several pc techs.Not to mention all the similar nightmare stories I'v
heard from other auto update users.I have a 64 bit sys.w/xp home, but not XP
64 bit.
Also, have they worked out all the bugs in service pack 2 and will it cause
any problems not having it?Specifically crashing in games or other programs.

Thanks for any info, Terry B.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows auto update service

    Travlyt wrote:

    > I would like to install some select updates but I'm always prompted to
    > install windows auto update which I don't want because of some unbelievable
    > problems I've had with it in the past.Buy problems I mean...it totally
    > screwed up my system several times until I got rid of it per recommondation
    > of several pc techs.Not to mention all the similar nightmare stories I'v
    > heard from other auto update users.I have a 64 bit sys.w/xp home, but not XP
    > 64 bit.
    > Also, have they worked out all the bugs in service pack 2 and will it cause
    > any problems not having it?Specifically crashing in games or other programs.
    >
    > Thanks for any info, Terry B.

    Not sure what your question is about updates. With respect to SP2 it
    hasn't changed since it first came out.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User