Desktop Shortcut Icons

Is there a way to modify the properties of a desktop shortcut icon that is
pointing to a URL so that it always opens in a new browser window rather than
replace contents of any currently opened browser window?

That's an I.E. setting. Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, UNcheck
"Reuse windows........"