Status
Not open for further replies.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I have 2 stereos in my room that each serve different purposes. I need to switch the output from my TV to the 2 stereos. For example, I have the output connected the device, and then the device has two outputs with a switch. When the switch is set to one position, the sound comes from my stereo, and when the switch is set to the second position, the sounds comes from my surround sound. Thanks in advance

If your TV has L/R analog audio outputs then you can just use a pair of Y adapters to split the signal and feed both systems simultaneously and just turn on the one you want to use. In some cases this will not work because one of the systems shorts the inputs when not in use. If this is the case then you can get a special Y adaptor from Audioplex Technology that takes care of this.
If your TV has optical digital audio out only then you will need to use a switch for the optical signal and then use an analog to digital converter on one of them as the stereo system will not usually have a digital input.
If you have a set-top box then it should have both optical and L/R audio outs that will work at the same time so connect to both systems and turn on the one you want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.