can't execute .exe files without typing .exe

September 13, 2005 1:58:03 PM

This just started happening. When I click START-RUN, I can no longer just
type in msconfig or cmd. I must type in msconfig.exe or cmd.exe. Even when I
get into the command prompt, I cannot just type in ping, i must type ping.exe
xxx.xx.xx.xx. Is there any way to fix this problem?

thanks

Wayne
September 13, 2005 5:06:01 PM

Misty wrote:

> This just started happening. When I click START-RUN, I can no longer
> just type in msconfig or cmd. I must type in msconfig.exe or cmd.exe.
> Even when I get into the command prompt, I cannot just type in ping, i
> must type ping.exe xxx.xx.xx.xx. Is there any way to fix this problem?
>
> thanks
>
> Wayne

Try Doug Knox's .exe association fix:

Malke