PowerEdge 750

Pablo

Does anyone know, is it possible to pop the top off a Dell PowerEdge
750 server and add RAM, replace a HD, etc.?

"Pablo" <pmolitor@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know, is it possible to pop the top off a Dell
> PowerEdge 750 server and add RAM, replace a HD, etc.?

RAM, yes. Drives, depends. I just got a PE750 a few days ago, and
the HD appears to be industry-standard form factor, but the CD and
floppy are definitely *not* standard. They are special low-profile
models with non-standard connectors. Also bear in mind that the only
HD choices are SATA or SCSI (with add-in controller card), so there is
no IDE interface for IDE HDs.

Pablo

Excellent! Thank you.

pm

pmolitor@yahoo.com (Pablo) wrote in message news:<2e56c87b.0406300819.4433334b@posting.google.com>...
> Does anyone know, is it possible to pop the top off a Dell PowerEdge
> 750 server and add RAM, replace a HD, etc.?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

thx.